Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kumho 857's are on the way...

Five Kumho 857 tires are going to be mounted this week after I had a tire separate on Sunday. I grease bearings, check pressure, inspect all 9 tires before each trip (tow vehicle included) and keep it 55mph and under, but it didn't help this time. I had a Maxxis separate at 50 mph. I don't trust the others now, so I am just replacing all 5. They are 3 years old with less than 5,000 miles.

maxxis1.jpg

maxxis2.jpg

I love mine. Way less sway and sidewall bulge. I'm impressed so far with them, plus the fact you can tow at highway speeds without worrying about the speed rating.

Wow, surprised to hear a Maxxis came apart, I thought they were the new trailer tire of choice.

Glad no one or nothing or hurt (other than your trailer). Good luck with the new Kumhos.

I'm on my second season with my Kumho tires with good reports. Glad to see you are replacing the spare too.

Edited by TeamAllen

You got really lucky that is all the damage that occured. Usually the fender is bent to hell and the rubber tears out your brake line. I try to replace my tires every 5 years from the date stamped on the tires.

They wrought before they wear out.

Wow, surprised to hear a Maxxis came apart, I thought they were the new trailer tire of choice.

Glad no one or nothing or hurt (other than your trailer). Good luck with the new Kumhos.

Thanks, I was kind of surprised myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Finishing up 3rd year on the Kumho 857's. Best guess is about 12k miles on them to date. Tires handle extremely well. No sidewall cracking at all. In fact, they look virtually brand new. After OEM set of Carlisles had sidewall bulges in 3rd year, blowouts in Goodyear Marathons (1st set in 2nd year, 2nd set in 3rd year), the Kumhos inspire a lot of confidence!