Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Supra SC 450/550

Fman

On the warranty, the only thing that is 1 year is the Gel Coat, all other is 3 years and the hull is lifetime. The owners manual can be downloaded on their site and it is listed there what all is covered under warranty and the time period it is covered for.

On the warranty, the only thing that is 1 year is the Gel Coat, all other is 3 years and the hull is lifetime. The owners manual can be downloaded on their site and it is listed there what all is covered under warranty and the time period it is covered for.

So that post Brett made of the picture of the warranty comparisons between all companies is completely incorrect?

And wait till you make a claim with supra ..Good luck ! No company has been better in warranty service then malibu !

I disagree.... when I owned my Supra I had very good luck with Skiers Choice warranty, they replaced a few items on the boat with no questions asked (cracked rudder and dripless shaft seal). I will say there warranty is not near as good now as it was back in 2008, they had a 5 year warranty on the entire boat (gelcoat, vinyl, drivetrain, etc...).

So that post Brett made of the picture of the warranty comparisons between all companies is completely incorrect?

No I said the Gel Coat is one year the rest is 3 and lifetime on the hull. You can check it yourself by downloading the manual and looking under the warranty section in the manual.

Edited by VH5150

I do not know if two nuts coming loose would classify the dash as "falling apart", but definitely an easy fix for Malibu to address, on my 2011 they used a simple star washer/nut combo that came loose as well, I replaced them with nylock nuts and never had an issue with them coming loose. I was refering to the dash stitching, gauges, etc... fading or pulling apart and not being quality components.

That happened on mine also.... but it was quickly repaired under warranty in Nov 2012....dash leather/vinyl pulled away from the start button and large 8-10"raised circle developed futher up on the dash closer to the glass....I think from moisture retention, I donno. I was surprised they just replaced it altogether.

Edited by nyryan2001

I still don't understand why boat makers wrap the dash and other areas. Yes it looks nice, but it can easily get cut or torn. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Looks better IMO. Much better actually. I would be disappointed if my car dash wasn't so should my boat.

That is not a valid point at this point in time either as we haven't seen what will happen with the resale value on the new Supra lines as of yet. I had stated earlier that it was one of the things I looked at before purchasing my SA450 is that it is an unknown at this point in time. But the other thing I considered was if I do loose money on resale value it was worth it to me to have the boat that I liked the best when I was purchasing.

Let me get this straight... resale is not a valid concern because on the new Supras we can't predict their resale??

Brilliant. So I guess I should have just ignored the fact that Malibu's resale is proven, and go with the Supra because despite the fact that they sold almost all their boats in the $50's up until this year, I'm supposed to just go on faith that the market will accept them as a brand worth $80k.

The SA is a great boat. I demo'd one and considered buying one. But face facts... from a resale perspective it's an unknown. I decided to take the route that has already proven itself... plus I got Surf Gate too boot! :whistle:

Let me get this straight... resale is not a valid concern because on the new Supras we can't predict their resale??

Brilliant. So I guess I should have just ignored the fact that Malibu's resale is proven, and go with the Supra because despite the fact that they sold almost all their boats in the $50's up until this year, I'm supposed to just go on faith that the market will accept them as a brand worth $80k.

The SA is a great boat. I demo'd one and considered buying one. But face facts... from a resale perspective it's an unknown. I decided to take the route that has already proven itself... plus I got Surf Gate too boot! :whistle:

IXFE you should actually pay a little more attention when your reading. I said for ME resale is not a concern. If I loose money (which only time will tell) the boat was worth It to me. I don't purchase the things I enjoy to make money I purchase them because I want them.

No doubt that the Malibus have the best re sale , I don't think anyone will argue that . Resale is a concern for me and this was not a easy decision to stray from Malibu giving there reputation and resale. But if we where all in the business of making money on boats we wouldn't be hanging 4 pair of Exiles/Wetsounds off the towers tinting windows and adding 15inch subs, But that's the fun of owning these big ole money pits ! Despite not being a Malibu owner anymore Im not " trolling" the forum looking to bash Malibus but instead check out guys boats and hear about what people like and don't like about products and hear about fun events. Its fun to talk about new products and features without this in my opinion none of these brands would evolve if we weren't all telling our dealers what we like and dislike about our products .

Edited by 2008vtx

IXFE you should actually pay a little more attention when your reading. I said for ME resale is not a concern. If I loose money (which only time will tell) the boat was worth It to me. I don't purchase the things I enjoy to make money I purchase them because I want them.

I did pay attention. You said my logic on resale was "not a valid point." It did not say that it was "not a valid point for me."

You can stop being so defensive now. I like the SA... a lot in fact. So cheers!

why are we talking about supra....waste of time :) this a Malibu forum why on earth people drop in and try to market other brands means they

need all the help they can get ...

Point is market leader ! For years malibu has been no 1 in sales in the US ! Best wake ,clean,doesn't wash out , ballast no ballast still perfect wake..the more weight you add the better it gets , wakes for all levels in one boat ..

Seriously.... Yes many boats look good but not many boats offer you a boat for all levels and reliability with great resale value...and

These have been proven year after year ! Would I buy Moomba or supra ..never ! Would I consider an xstar yes ..if they clean up that s*** wake that washes out ...G23 looks like a box but ok ..have u ever seen wake with no ballast...the big 3 ok,.but supra needs year to prove itself....one good model means nothing and not saying its good..lets see it over 12 months and see how it's holding out...

For me malibu will always be boat of choice !

Edited by malibu.c.c

Never impressed by video's unless I see it on the water ... How many boats have we seen that looked great in video's and on the water

Nothing like what they appeared on the video...wake smalller ,washes out ,can't dial in surf wake...the truth is on the water as malibu says :)

Good looking boat.... And great looking surf wave.

Tons of styling cues from both Nautique and Malibu.

Looks like a G23 and a 247 spent some time together in a cheap hotel.

Edited by nyryan2001

Point is market leader ! For years malibu has been no 1 in sales in the US ! Best wake ,clean,doesn't wash out , ballast no ballast still perfect wake..the more weight you add the better it gets , wakes for all levels in one boat ..

Seriously.... Yes many boats look good but not many boats offer you a boat for all levels and reliability with great resale value...and

These have been proven year after year ! Would I buy Moomba or supra ..never ! Would I consider an xstar yes ..if they clean up that s*** wake that washes out ...G23 looks like a box but ok ..have u ever seen wake with no ballast...the big 3 ok,.but supra needs year to prove itself....one good model means nothing and not saying its good..lets see it over 12 months and see how it's holding out...

For me malibu will always be boat of choice !

Bu.c.c I admire your brand loyalty. I do realize this is a Malibu board and that is why I haven't gotten in to what I percieve as the best in the industry and I won't because I respect the members on this forum. I was here to ask a question and then I answered a question on warranty that was not posted correctly. That being said I have no brand loyalty. I am an average consumer and like to purchase what seems to fit my wants at the time. Maybe it should be shame on me for not having a loyalty to one manufacturer but you know what who really cares what matters to me or to you in fact. I know one thing you do like to have the loudest voice here and want everyone to see your points as you see them as the gospel. But guess what they all have minds of their own and will all make their own determinations as they see them. That being said we are very lucky to have a large selection of quality boats to choose from in a very small niche market. The reason I asked the question about the "Big 3" in the first place is as I had stated I am just getting back in to the sport and Nautique and MC were the leaders years ago. If volume of boats was what represents big 3 it would probably be Malibu/Axis at around 2K a year in sales, then MC at about 1900 then Supra/Moomba at 1600, Tige at 1500, Nautique at under 1K from infromation I have gathered. Now that being said I would not consider an SA or any Malibu comparable to a high end Nautique or a high end MC. Again that is just my opinion. Is that a knock on Malibu? I don't believe so at all. They choose the market and price point they want to target and I would think it is the market that they are in right now. Is Malibu the top selling niche water sports boat at 100K and under, ABSOLUTELY. I never disputed that. Is Malibu a great boat ABSOLUTELY. are there others creeping up the give Malibu a run ABSOLUTELY. And for our Market that is a Great Thing as us as consumers will continue to have more options to choose from and in the end a better product on the water.

Edited by VH5150

Again, imo, biggest hit on any Supra right now is no Surf system... they need to come out with something, if they do, this boat will definitely be a high contender for one of the nicer 21' wakeboard boats on the market.... If it follows the SA pricing, I have a feeling the price is not going to be cheap, and more than likely more expensive than the VLX which I cant agree the SC deserves a higher price tag. The SC is a nice boat, but VLX is also a great boat, and argueably the VLX has one of the most versatile, clean wakeboarding wakes at all speeds. Out of the box the VLX can also throw a great wakeboard wake for all levels.... This is all speculation on pricing at this point, I have no data on what they will price the boat at, and MSRP is always inaccurate.... another issue with Supra is dealer support, they don't have a lot of dealerships in California, the closest dealer to me is 2.5 hours away which is an automatic deal breaker, cant imagine towing my boat 2.5 hours to have items repaired. I am 25 minutes from my Malibu dealer and this seems like a headache at times... I also have a MC, Nautique and MB dealer within 25 mins.... the dealer location definitely can play a huge factor in any boat brand ownership.

I agree, it's hard to compete with boats that have them, especially when you're raising the price of your boats. Surfing is the big thing now, I see mroe people surfing on our lake than wakeboarding, like 2 to 1

That weird windshield design on the Supra is not to my liking. The frame coming to a point looks like a good place to get a stiff jab to an arm or elbow. I wonder why they didn't take it on down to the top of the gunnel? Otherwise a sharp looking boat.