Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Another Maliview video question

Gregg97007

I originally posted this in the stereo section but figured I might have better luck. Before everyone blasts me about this question I have all the correct cables so that’s not my question. I just can’t get off the blue screen…

I could really use some help before I lose my mind. I have tried everything to watch video on my Maliview, I just get the blue Screen. I have been trying my digital camera with video out to RCA (yellow). Per all the instructions I've read on here and seen on YouTube it should work, I'm not trying to get sound so no difference if I use the other two RCA's. I've tried moving from video 1 to 2 to 3 and still nothing... I am wondering if the yellow RCA's that plug into the viper are in the right inputs...? Also I tried going directly to viper with RCA and still nothing!

Anyone know if I am not selecting something or have a picture of their viper with the inputs so I can see of they are plugged in correctly?

My iPhone works with the nine pin and I can see full display of artist, title etc.

Please help!

At least you got your iPhone to work. I couldn't even do that (with all the right cables... so I think). I just gave up. Maybe dealer can help?

Gregg- take a pic of the "correct cables" you are using.... and post them up how you have them connected. Iphone to 3 RCA? red, yellow, white? direct into the yellow RCA lug in the glove box?

Of all the problems I had with my 247, video was not one of them. You are going into MEDIA on your Maliview right?

Gregg,

Please post photos or even video of what you are doing. Show the input jacks you are using, show switching to the media screen (1,2,3) you are using, etc. i.e., show the complete operation. Verify before hand that you can plug your camera into a TV or another monitor and it works. If you can also try what you are doing with another camera that would be helpful.

(Regarding camera use, In using a wireless transmitter and receiver last year, I discovered that the particular "digital" video camera one person had would not work, although an older non-digital camera worked fine. I've not tested this on maliview, but just something to verify.)

Peter

Ya, also need to verify he isnt trying to stream video using the 9pin Svid cable.... its gotta be an Iphone to 3Rca, stright into the yellow lug in the glove box.

Thanks for the replies. I will take a video thus afternoon. For context I am using my iPhone now with RCA adapter. I have even tried plugging the yellow RCA into the blue viper box directly and still get nothing. There are three yellow RCAs going into viper box (top tow is input/ borrow row out) two on top one bottom.

When I go into Maliview I hit the media button which goes through video 1 , 2, 3 etc. I only get the blue screen.

I tested both camera and phone with TV and they worked so know that's not the issue.

More to come.

The iphone video out with RCA adapter? I doubt that would work. I would try with a video camera to verify operation.

But, also, go into the setup and make sure the video inputs are "enabled". They often are not enabled from the factory.

Peter

Thanks Peter. I followed what everyone else did with the adapter but couldn't get camera to work either. I went into the media setting and checked all the boxes ( video 1 with radio, video 2 with something, video 1, video 2 and video 3)... So frustrating!

Thank you everyone for offering to help. if anyone makes it to their boats this weekend and can take a look or talk me through how they get it to work that would be awesome. I am going into "media" and then going through the video options. Tried resetting Maliview to factory settings also.

Gregg,

I am at my boat right now. My yellow RCA is in the second video input. I don't have them numbered on my box but it is the second "in" plug beside the the word "in". Also, you will need to use a 30pin(I think that is correct) to RCA output. If its not called a 30 pin, it's whatever plugs into the bottom of the phone with a red, yellow, white output. The yellow plugs into the video port in the glovebox. The red and white will need to plug into an RCA to aux plug. To hear tr audio, you must you the aux input on the head unit. One thing I did find was my maliview would not play YouTube and other services using the app on the phone. Instead, I had to use the actual browser to go to YouTube. This will allow it to play. Let me know if it works. I can post links to the cords needed tonight.

Thanks Matty- so I am in my boat right now and have the right cables (iPhone to RCA) and am plugging yellow from my phone directly into the #2 spot like you mentioned, then scroll through video 1,2 and 3 and still get NOTHING! What do I do after I plug in??? I went to setup media and checked each box, there are five total. Just get blue screen...

Gregg,

I will be able to look at the boat tomorrow and let you know. I'm pretty sure I just had to go into the maliview setup screen and choose video 2 as my media (I will be able to tell you tomorrow). For video, I:

1. Plug in the 30 pin to the Iphone
  2. Plug in the yellow RCA to my RCA female (in glove box) which runs to video input 2 on the blue box under the dash)
  3. Plug in the red and white RCA's into an RCA to Aux adapter (will search for it if you need it)
  4. Play the video on the iphone
  5. Hit media on the maliview which plays the video (by setting it up in the maliview, it goes directly to it)
  6. Hit mode on the radio until I get to Aux input for sound

I will PM you my phone # if you want to discuss it. Call me anytime.

M

That would be great Matty- I feel like I'm doing the same thing but get nothing but the blue screen. Even plugging directly into the viper in case the issue was the input in the glovebox.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

bringing out another one from the dead,  anyone ever find a solution to this?    

I was able to get great live picture first time I tried on Video 2 during my test.  Then when I ran all my wires and connected all together to get live feed, I now get the blue screen of death.  Im tying directly into the yellow Video In rca in the back of the black box. 

I finally have a workaround to the blue screen of death. 

If anyone cares or wants to do this modification and is dealing with some of the blue screen stuff. I have found a workaround.     What I was attempting to do previously was trying to locate the yellow rca marked "video out"  behind the rockford fosgate black box and tying the backup camera rca to that.  Well this option doesn't work. That video out is actually going to the Viper Blue box which is located under the helm and has 3-4 rca yellow outlets.      

So the black rockford fosgate box, sends a signal to the Blue Viper box and then displays on your main screen.     

What you can do if you are dealing with the blue screen on the "Video 2" setting is simply reach down under the helm and locate the Blue Viper Box.  Remove the second RCA cable (this is the cable coming from the black RF box)  and move it over one spot.  (this will give you input Video 3).    I did this and I got clear picture.  

Now I'm not sure why the Video 2 just gave up, I haven't figured that out yet.  But I do know that Video 3 is open and works perfect.     

If anyone needs pictures or more explanation I can certainly provide that.