Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

House for Family reunion in Shasta just fell thru- Help!

PyleDriver

So my family had paid for a large house for a family reunion for the week after next week (6-7 thru 6-14)and we were just told by the house owner that she got turned in by her neighbor for code violations and now the county will not let her rent the house to us. There is about 20 of us in the group and some are open to tenting it.

We have planned this trip for a long time and need to come up with a plan B at the last minute. So I need ideas on what to do thats not expensive. I wanted to be somewhere that I could leave the boat anchored or tied up at a dock.

Are there resorts with Cabins? the last time I was at Shasta I think I was 9 years old so I don't remember whats there. Any last minute deals on House boats? when we first looked at the houseboats they were just too expensive for our group.

thank in advance for the ideas and help.

Mike

We've stayed here before: http://www.vrbo.com/121425 It's really nice and close to sugarloaf and you might get moorage there. Pretty last minute tho.

won't fit your whole group and it's not exactly "cheap" but it would work. What were you going to do for moorage at the other place?

We've stayed here before: http://www.vrbo.com/121425 It's really nice and close to sugarloaf and you might get moorage there. Pretty last minute tho.

won't fit your whole group and it's not exactly "cheap" but it would work. What were you going to do for moorage at the other place?

the lady said there was a boat dock not far that we could keep the boat at. I am not sure where that would have been and not sure I believe much of what she told us now.

all of the docks tend to sell out, so it's pretty important to call ahead and make a reservation for moorage. This is still a little early in the season but that is definitely true in July and August.

I assume you were getting that house at approx $1800? (1/2 house off season?). Without knowing your budget, actual # of people, # of cars (since parking/day also costs extra), # of boats, etc... people can give you a ton of info that might not be your target.

It also depends on if there is a certain "Arm" you want to mainly stay in (Sacramento, McCloud, Squaw Creek, Pit, etc.). There wont be much for cabins in Squaw Creek or Pit, but a lot for houseboats; the opposite up Sacramento and I think it's called Salt Creek (Sugar Loaf, Antlers area).

Silverthorn looks perfect. We can put my family on a house boat and then if others dont want to step up to houseboat then they can stay in the cabins they have.

I think this is a good direction for me to start going down.

Thanks for all the ideas.

Its still the off season for a few more weeks according to certain marin as s. Check out holiday harbor for good discounts on houseboats

Sent from my GSIII

Silverthorn looks perfect. We can put my family on a house boat and then if others dont want to step up to houseboat then they can stay in the cabins they have.

I think this is a good direction for me to start going down.

Thanks for all the ideas.

I've used this boat before. It can hold 20 easy. Sleeping on the top/roof looking at the stars is the best. You are in luck; gonna be upper 90's at Shasta next week.

Also, Silverthorne has the store, gas, and a restaraunt as well if you need to get away from the kiddies to get a beer on tap. Nice lookout/balcony over the water too.

Keep in mind, that is the 16+ sleeper. If you don't need that big, they get cheaper as you go down. We've been cheapskates and got the 10 sleeper, which works well too if you have 12-14 people. A little cramped at times, but most people will be in the water at 90-100.

Have fun, hope it works out.

(Bill's location is also good. I've stayed there too :-)