Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Potentially fun project

WakeGirl

TheMalibCrew FAQ – a community project

Something that I've been pondering for a while now is the fact that we don’t have an “About Us” page, something that explains what this community is all about. At times, new members arrive with preconceived ideas about how things are, & are surprised when they find that we do things a little different than what they find elsewhere. While we meet here in a virtual setting, many of us are good friends offline & that is the crux behind what we do here & why we do it.

So with that in mind, I thought that it could be a fun project to build an about us page. Think of a spot where new members could go to gain a glimpse of or some insight into what TMC is all about. The big part with which the community can help are a few really basic questions.

• What is TheMalibuCrew?
  • What does TMC mean to you?
  • How has TMC influenced you as a boater?
  • What are some good threads to start reading? (for new members to start reading)
  • TANSTAAFL & other acronyms you might see on TMC

We have other topics that we’re going to address, but they need to be written by 1 of the 5 of us. But if you think of a topic that could be a good one to add, we’d like to hear your ideas. It will depend on the feedback that we get here on these things, but my idea was to do sort of a mashup of the best responses. Or if we get a lot of really great feedback, we could do a listing of quotes as answers for each question (with credit, of course, given to the quoted member). But the idea is that the community builds this part of the FAQ.

So let's hear it, new people, veterans, all are welcome to contribute.

EDIT: I'll keep additions here:

• Address the help section
  • Why should I join?
  • Site map integration
Edited by WakeGirl
Added Phoenix's ideas
  • Like 2

I think the most common question I see is how to post pictures...

Other questions when I first joined... Why should I join? (Even as a non-paying I wasn't sure about registering). A bit of a site map (where typical topics can be found) would probably also help.

Great idea of having the FAQ's.

Cheers,

Don

I think the most common question I see is how to post pictures...

Other questions when I first joined... Why should I join? (Even as a non-paying I wasn't sure about registering). A bit of a site map (where typical topics can be found) would probably also help.

Great idea of having the FAQ's.

Cheers,

Don

Yes, I agree. We revamped the help section recently & I've been trying to funnel people that way. Addressing that should probably be part of the FAQ, good call.

Y be a supporter just if your buying things the discount we get it will pay for itself. Help support the place that saves you money and helps you spend it smartly.

People should always understand we live all over the world. The great thing is we give different ideas and see things different just don't take everything personal. I know you can write it better but you get the idea.

• Like 2

Also think it would be cool to have a little history of Malibu and a little history of how the crew started.

TMC for me is a resource for DIY projects (nearest Malibu dealer is 600 kms away), so I'll order parts and search TMC for how to install/replace/repair them. It's also a good resource for accessory ideas - such as domed numbers - particularly doing 'background checks' to ensure that other Malibu owners have had positive experiences with them. I plan on upgrading my sound system over winter so I'll be looking at what other members have used in order to avoid common pitfalls.

• Like 2

It's a great place to pay it forward with your knowledge of many things.
What is TMC -"about us" - and why TMC is a little different:

• Many crew members have met each other on the water, via TMC events we make up, which makes this community go beyond just an internet forum.
  • Love for Malibus is universal, and members have hosted other members from different continents / countries
  • Much of the advice here is sincere, and this is reflected in the members posts and offers to assist people on the other side of the country - like going to look at a boat for them they are thinking of buying.
  • We don't like trolls and collectively call BS (I guess this isn't a whole lot different than many forums!)
  • Our political opinions run the gammut
  • We like new members to introduce themselves on their first post and post pics of their Malibu!
Edited by MalibuTime
MalibuNation

TMC - The Malibu Crew (believe it or not I've seen new members not knowing what this is)

MBO - Malibu Boat Owners (the precursor to TMC)

WOW - Weekend On the Water (a gathering of Malibu owners)