Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wiring Driver Side for the Wet Sounds WS-420sq

christba

Anyone know how to best run the RCA cables to get them back to the amps under the passenger compartment where the rest of the amps are located on a 2008 LSV?My purchase for the year is the Wetsounds WS-420sq that I want to mount on the drivers side. It's supposed to allow me to adjust the volume between, Tower, internal and sub on the fly.

http://www.wetsounds.com/pages/products/WS-420.html

For mine I ordered the following cable from Sweetwater : http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CRA805

Ok, In reality I ordered the 3m cable, but having done it now, I would recommend the 5m.

this will get your Stereo out to the 420, and 3 pairs of signals back for your amps all in one nice colour coded bundle.

Cheers,

Don

• Like 1

Nice cable! Good idea.

For mine I ordered the following cable from Sweetwater : http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CRA805

Ok, In reality I ordered the 3m cable, but having done it now, I would recommend the 5m.

this will get your Stereo out to the 420, and 3 pairs of signals back for your amps all in one nice colour coded bundle.

Cheers,

Don

so you guys are running that 6x RCA over... are you also running the +, - and Rem+ over with that RCA bundle to avoid a ground loop?

I have a ZLD I need to do the same thing.

Ha, Ryan, I know you hate relays, but if your HU is on the port side, why not send your HU remote turn on to a relay, and then just take that B+ from the relay over to the helm (with a ground to the distro block) to a blue sea 5025 fuse box? Then you've got a place to hook up (and power) any number of stereo accessories from under the helm, and they will turn on and off with the HU.

The ZLD won't need a separate remote turn on then... you can just jump the + and rem wires to turn on and power. You could also power an ipod cable or a blue sea 1016 usb plug or... whatever you want. Super clean.

so you guys are running that 6x RCA over... are you also running the +, - and Rem+ over with that RCA bundle to avoid a ground loop?

I have a ZLD I need to do the same thing.

I did run the +, -, and rem+ over along with the cables... Just wanted to be sure that everything was nicely together for control and circuiting.

Ha, Ryan, I know you hate relays, but if your HU is on the port side, why not send your HU remote turn on to a relay, and then just take that B+ from the relay over to the helm (with a ground to the distro block) to a blue sea 5025 fuse box? Then you've got a place to hook up (and power) any number of stereo accessories from under the helm, and they will turn on and off with the HU.

The ZLD won't need a separate remote turn on then... you can just jump the + and rem wires to turn on and power. You could also power an ipod cable or a blue sea 1016 usb plug or... whatever you want. Super clean.

Ya I dont hate relays, just havent needed them to this point. it already has the 3.5mm, RCA in's, 12V and USB on the driver's side. I need to rewire the sound system straight off the batteries, so everything will have a common + and - and easily acessible + and - terminal blocks in the port compartment. no engine noise...but there is some accressory noise from pumps or something. Im in the process of putting the 3 SRM29s in it, was able to keep them and the HD wiring and fuses off the 247.

What I need is a slick flush mount form fitting white vinyl 1/2 DIN sleeve to mount it under the driver's dash.

Can someone translate this to Texan for me? :dontknow:

Can someone translate this to Texan for me? :dontknow:

Pardon me stewardess, I speak redneck:

git that thar blue war from that thar radio.

hook that thar blue war to one of them thar relays like this:

addremacc.gif

Take that thar "to amplifiers processors etc" war, and dagnabit, war that sunufagun up to one of these here fuse blocks:

16507.gif

(on the bottom of that thar fuze block cuz it's positive, pardner).

Now pull a new black wire from over yonder stereo battery's negative post. That's the one with the big minus sign on it. Hook it to the top of that thar fuse block.

Now yonder radio will 'lectrify that thar fuze block when you turn yonder radio on.

Hook yer equilimalifier up to yonder fuze block on both the + and rem inputtters. Now if you aren't plumb tuckered from all that thinkin' and wirin' and pullin' and yankin' you could hook yerself some more acceessoramadooles up to yonder fuze block too.

Pardon me stewardess, I speak redneck:

git that thar blue war from that thar radio.

hook that thar blue war to one of them thar relays like this:

addremacc.gif

Take that thar "to amplifiers processors etc" war, and dagnabit, war that sunufagun up to one of these here fuse blocks:

16507.gif

(on the bottom of that thar fuze block cuz it's positive, pardner).

Now pull a new black wire from over yonder stereo battery's negative post. That's the one with the big minus sign on it. Hook it to the top of that thar fuse block.

Now yonder radio will 'lectrify that thar fuze block when you turn yonder radio on.

Hook yer equilimalifier up to yonder fuze block on both the + and rem inputtters. Now if you aren't plumb tuckered from all that thinkin' and wirin' and pullin' and yankin' you could hook yerself some more acceessoramadooles up to yonder fuze block too.

^^^ That is some funny chit right there!! sounds just like my Pa-Paw talking! :rofl::lol:

What I need is a slick flush mount form fitting white vinyl 1/2 DIN sleeve to mount it under the driver's dash.

Metra makes a DIN pocket that you can modify. I cut the back out of the pocket and CA glued a sheet of ABS with a 1/4 DIN hole for a Zed RA.

HURA.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wetsounds is making their own install kits for these now, including long 6pr RCA cables, and power wires.

I'd order their install kit.

Verify that it is long enough, but you shoudl be able to run around the bow, under the side.

Wetsounds is making their own install kits for these now, including long 6pr RCA cables, and power wires.

I'd order their install kit.

They have nice looking kits.... but,

If you're connecting to an RFX3000 or RFX5000 (found in newer models) you will want 8 channels over six... And $185 over the $35 seems a bit of a premium to have to pay.

When I put in my Maliview, I ran my cables between the front ballast tank and the wall in the walk through. I worked well.

I did the same. Way shorter than going around the bow. If I had known about the sweetwater cables I would have used them for sure.