Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 23 for 2014?!?!

huskey87

I rebuttle, It would be nice if there was no solid member/beam in between the rear transom seat/hatch and the regular rear hatch. that way you could open either easily and they would not be heavy or open both and have full entry access. Keep in mind I've never seen a MXZ so I don't know how they are currently setup. Do they both open? Do they both open to the same locker? Which direction do they open?

they both open to the outside

For clarity, I'm not asking malibu to make a "barge" boat. I'm asking them to keep the hatch size they've always had in the 23 LSV. I view the 23 LSV and the G23 as the comparable models of the two brands.

As far as the "percentage of people sacking out their boats" comment. You have to understand that my assumption is malibu wants to be looked at as having one of the top 3 pro model wakeboats in the industry. In light of that assumption your question *should* be irrelevant for at least one of their models of boats.

If you favor your line of logic, to be fair you would change your comment to "how many people actually sac out their boat OR actually work on the engine". If you look at earlier posts in this thread I'm not the only one who recognize how much of a pain in the a** it is to work on a boat with that hatch setup - I'm just the most active (the loudmouth). To me, being able to maintain my boat is paramount. If you work on cars you'd understand as well as that industry has the same analogous situations. Maybe some people just think it won't be a big deal until they own it for a while, or maybe most people just pay a dealer to change their oil but.. my suspicion is you're going to have a lot of MXZ (and now LSV) owners crabbin about how much of a PITA it is to do normal stuff to the engine.

My GOAL is to voice my opinion that it is paramount that a successful boat brand keeps their boats easy to maintain when at all possible so when I buy it up I dont have to be a contortionist to change my oil filter Not to dig on moomba, but for example, have you ever changed oil on an early 2000 moomba LSV? The oil filter is in a nearly impossible location to get at and it's just "accepted" that you will have to install an oil filter relocation kit if you want to change oil yourself on the boat. I always viewed malibu's prime location of oil filters to be insight in that direction. These rear locker setups do not jive with that mentality.

You can't really compare the LSV and G23, they may be the same length, but they are in two totally different classes, especially price wise. You're going to pay 30-40k more for a fully loaded G23. They did a great job with the design, but I'm not paying 140k for a 23 foot wakeboard boat.

Prolly around 3-4 years ago.

I'm not insinuating anything, I simply asked when the last time you in them was as it was ME who conceded it had been a few months in order to compare to YOUR observations...read your posts again man, you're taking something hard and the vitriol is only going one direction!

Per the last time I crawled around an MXZ, again, I do not understand your gripe as access was not an issue. What could you not get to? Please post your pictures of the MXZ and G23 engine bays, perhaps that will help.

Firstly, I don't understand the underlined portion because it's extremely broken english. You may want to edit that post for clarity? Also you may want to see the definition of the bolded words. Concede has connotations such as admitting something when first denying it OR admitting "defeat" in a contest of some sort. What exactly did I "concede"? That my pictures were from a few months ago? Did I somehow imply that I took them at a different time? If I'm supposedly admitting "defeat", defeat at what? Where was the competition and what prize did I miss out on ;)

This is the second time you've stated I'm taking something hard. This is my second time assuring you that I'm not "taking something hard", in fact I don't often like to take hard things...

Vitriol implies someone being caustic in speech but can have connotations as cruel and bitter criticism. If you're talking about my criticisms of the boat I mean to do nothing more than *constructively* criticize and my track record on this forum shows that. Just because I'm not afraid to call out things I think are poor on Malibu boats doesn't make me vitriolic. There is a big difference between being passionate and vitriolic about something.

If you have a picture of the oil filter location I'd still like to see it for my knowledge. As far as pictures of the engine compartment, you're free to peruse my photobucket gallery which is public and you can get to it by loading up any of the 10 or so pictures I have already posted from the boat show day.

I would appreciate it if this would be your last response towards me that doesnt add value towards the original post title, if there is something personal you'd like to hash out please feel free to PM me, but I have no interest in turning this thread into another personal battle of 85 vs RandomOtherForumUser.

yes CJAY but they I don't make the boats, they're the closest matchable boats available by the respective brands for the features I want. I understand the G costs way more and I get that but the gripes I have don't have anything to do with price. They are things that malibu has been doing effectively and have decided to randomly go against. Ya know?

Edited by wakeboarder3780

yes CJAY but they I don't make the boats, they're the closest matchable boats available by the respective brands for the features I want. I understand the G costs way more and I get that but the gripes I have don't have anything to do with price. They are things that malibu has been doing effectively and have decided to randomly go against. Ya know?

Honestly, the 24mxz is more in comparison with the G23. I'm not sure they are going against anything they have done int he past. I've never thought of malibus being one of the better internal storage boats on the market. Honestly mastercraft and Tige have quite a bit more storage than a similar sized BU. IMO you can't get a better hull, for the money, than the LSV. It just everything I like to do very well and is very adjustable. They make up storage wise with being one of the only towers that is set to have 4 board racks. I don't do a lot of working on my own boat, but coming from a VTX, and the little I have done, the current storage lockers with the transom seating look about the same size as my VTX. I can fill 750s and still put vests in there. I'm sure you could get 900lbs out of 1100s in the transom seating models.

Love the english lesson. Geez. 85 deserves some detention over that. :Doh: As far as the transom seating goes. I was NOT a fan before I owned them . Now,I like it. The main hatches are a bit smaler, but much easier to open than the older larger ones. As far as the wieghting issues go, yes you can't fit as much sack in there as before, but add a little lead and you have exceeded what you could have put in there to begin with. Even though those seats are illegal to sit in, IT STILL GETS DONE. AND I LIKE IT. Great spot to watch the action.

The hatches are small and harder to climb in yes, but if I can get my fat a** in there and wrench on stuff, most should be able to also. No worse than any of the newer vehicles on the road.

So Why don't all ya'll Nautique guys go hang out at Planet Nautique anyways?

Edited by Bobby Bright

G23s well equipped can be had in low 120s

And as well, a well equipped 23lsv can be had for low 80's...............what's 40g's though?

G23s well equipped can be had in low 120s

I don't know how, the MSRP on it is 116k, and last I hear they aren't coming down bellow that. That's with the 409, which isn't enough engine to push that boat around with the ballast full at sea level.

Shoot, my friend had a tough time selling his '12 G23 with the 450 and a huge wetsounds system for much over 100k. Depreciation's a b****!

Edited by Chattwake

Shoot, my friend had a tough time selling his '12 G23 with the 450 and a huge wetsounds system for much over 100k. Depreciation's a b****!

Selling a used boat for 100K+ is a b****. Right now on onlyinboards there are a bunch of them, one for 93k with the 409, the rest well over 100K. Man I just can't see buying a wakeboat for 100K+

• Like 2

Firstly, I don't understand the underlined portion because it's extremely broken english. You may want to edit that post for clarity? Also you may want to see the definition of the bolded words. Concede has connotations such as admitting something when first denying it OR admitting "defeat" in a contest of some sort. What exactly did I "concede"? That my pictures were from a few months ago? Did I somehow imply that I took them at a different time? If I'm supposedly admitting "defeat", defeat at what? Where was the competition and what prize did I miss out on ;)

This is the second time you've stated I'm taking something hard. This is my second time assuring you that I'm not "taking something hard", in fact I don't often like to take hard things...

Vitriol implies someone being caustic in speech but can have connotations as cruel and bitter criticism. If you're talking about my criticisms of the boat I mean to do nothing more than *constructively* criticize and my track record on this forum shows that. Just because I'm not afraid to call out things I think are poor on Malibu boats doesn't make me vitriolic. There is a big difference between being passionate and vitriolic about something.

If you have a picture of the oil filter location I'd still like to see it for my knowledge. As far as pictures of the engine compartment, you're free to peruse my photobucket gallery which is public and you can get to it by loading up any of the 10 or so pictures I have already posted from the boat show day.

I would appreciate it if this would be your last response towards me that doesnt add value towards the original post title, if there is something personal you'd like to hash out please feel free to PM me, but I have no interest in turning this thread into another personal battle of 85 vs RandomOtherForumUser.

You are ulways so gud at kumplete seteces ulways and I'm sorie I can fit gust fine in the em ex zee kumpartment if I had une to chane my oyl and winturize. No need to make something personal. Read my posts, read yours, see a difference? Did you also see I was the one cenceding? I don't see how that got missed. I was the one who said its been a few months.

Where's the photobucket link found?

Edited by 85 Barefoot

Love the english lesson. Geez. 85 deserves some detention over that. :Doh: As far as the transom seating goes. I was NOT a fan before I owned them . Now,I like it. The main hatches are a bit smaler, but much easier to open than the older larger ones. As far as the wieghting issues go, yes you can't fit as much sack in there as before, but add a little lead and you have exceeded what you could have put in there to begin with. Even though those seats are illegal to sit in, IT STILL GETS DONE. AND I LIKE IT. Great spot to watch the action.

The hatches are small and harder to climb in yes, but if I can get my fat a** in there and wrench on stuff, most should be able to also. No worse than any of the newer vehicles on the road.

So Why don't all ya'll Nautique guys go hang out at Planet Nautique anyways?

I'm putting myself in timeout dont worry.

Agree completely..Glad I'm no longer the lightning rod for publicly stating the compartments are not that bad.

I wonder as well.

What do you mean "closest" by "features I want"? Layout? Because there's no features on the 23 that are any different than the MXZs. What things has Malibu "been doing effectively and have decided to randomly go against"?

That's with the 409, which isn't enough engine to push that boat around with the ballast full at sea level.

No CJAY, talking 450hp, and 550hp can be $7k.

Seems like all the cool guys have Malibu's huh? Maybe you guys should join in. Sucks to have the same boats as all the a-holes and morons huh? I personally wouldn' t know.........That's why I ask.

Edited by Bobby Bright
  • Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Man I just can't see buying a wakeboat for 100K+

X2 especially when our season is only 4-5 months at best.

I'm hoping to hear more here soon too. Spent the weekend on a 13 with the 450, and we are 100% buying an LSV for next season. We threw over 3000lbs of ballast at it and it didn't even act like it had any weight in it when we planed out. The surf gate wave was insane with that much weight and only 3 people in the boat. Hoping we like the changes for the 14', if not we will look for a 13' with the 450

Maybe if they weren't giving these barges the freeboard of the Queen Mary II, they wouldn't need transom seats for chilling. Women have no problems sitting on the sunpad on our '01 with their feet on the platform... but our sunpad isn't the same height off the water as a carrier deck like you have on some of these oversized monsters either...

I like deeper freeboard. Much more comfortable when i sit inside, I'm 6'1. My wife loes the transom seating, and I don't care either way. if can fit 750s in my VTX lockers, I sure as hell can with transom seating in a lsv.

I like deeper freeboard. Much more comfortable when i sit inside, I'm 6'1. My wife loes the transom seating, and I don't care either way. if can fit 750s in my VTX lockers, I sure as hell can with transom seating in a lsv.

Are the lockers bigger in VLX, LSV than they are in the VTX? I always figured the engines were the same, why would the lockers be bigger? Maybe an inch wider to make up for extra freeboard but same length? We can think pre-transom seats to keep it simple?