Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New 23 for 2014?!?!

huskey87

Heard that the 23 LSV is getting redesigned for 2014. Anyone else heard anything to this effect? Anyone know details? Looks like I'll be getting a new boat next year. haha

I would say going by past experience, it's about time. I'm sure they will add some "must have " deal that you can't add to an older one and there will be a glut of 2013's for sale in about 4 months .

Edited by Bobby Bright
  • Like 2

I've heard that there will be some changes, but that the wetted surface of the hull will be the same. Let's put it this way, if the changes are what I believe they will be, they will be pretty darn sweet, but it's not like they re going to make the '13's obsolete or anything. If I thought that would not be the case, I would not have ordered a '13 LSV myself. For those who ordered, or are considering ordering, a '13 LSV, I wouldn't sweat it.

I've heard a new 23 LSV for 2014 and a new VLX for 2015. Seems to be about right since the full MXZ line is out now.

I believe these are some of the changes:

New upper deck with minimal changes to hull wetted surface

Fiberglass seat bases like MXZ line

Taller seat base height and higher freeboard

Some form of flip up rear facing seat(s)

Hinged seat bases

Removable igloo cooler

Changed dashboard to improve visibility (VTX was essentially a market test, can't say I'm a fan of it)

Possibly transom seats like MXZ line

Disclaimer: These are just my ideas of what they may do based on what they have done with the MXZ line, and what the competition is doing. I'm not a dealer, nor do I have any special inside contacts at the factory. It's probably more of a wish list than anything as I think these would be great updates. :)

Edited by Brett B
  • Like 2

Styling should be updated for sure, its way too blah right now, my biggest complaint about the LSV. Give it those cool chrome bars like the MXZ!

Other wants:

- Full size cooler

- 8" speakers

- Do not add surf seats like MXZ

- More storage

- Cooler and trash can access without getting under seats

- Hinge all seats

Surprised that I haven't heard any rumors yet about changes in Surf Gate. Have no knowledge they will update it, but wouldn't be surprised if there aren't some performance tweaks given how new the system was when it was intro'd.

Surprised that I haven't heard any rumors yet about changes in Surf Gate. Have no knowledge they will update it, but wouldn't be surprised if there aren't some performance tweaks given how new the system was when it was intro'd.

I'll have some potential info on this in a few weeks....

I'll have some potential info on this in a few weeks....

Could you at least post up a couple of cryptic videos in the meantime that tell us nothing, but contine the tease . . . ;)

As the guy who just got a 2013, can you please delete this thread and end my buyer's remorse period?

:lol: I know the feeling, you can never keep up when it comes technology.

Edited by wakebrdr94
  • Like 1

I think thats how it will always be. You buy something and a year or 2 later, they come out with something you want in a boat. It's everything though when you think about it, from cars to cell phones to tvs.... list goes on!!! I thought I would keep my boat for 10 yrs, wrong. Sold it after 5 yrs. Although I have yet to by another boat for other reasons, I'm thinking i might wait till a 2013 comes within my price range. Now perhaps a 2014 if the changes are significant.

Maybe the transom seats could be optional, like how they option different hull types. From what I hear the LSV is their most popular boat so seems like they could have some different molds...