Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wakeparadise

Underwater Transom Lights // Heater Control //Shower Control

Hey Guys,

In the process of getting a 2011 VLX that doesn't have underwater transom lighting, heater, or shower.

Is there preexisting wiring for the transom lighting? Can I add a "heater" button to the MTC? How is the shower operated? Is there a switch for the pump, or how is it turned on?

I just want the install on these to go seamlessly and not have any non OEM type switches etc showing as I think it detracts from the overall look.

Thanks!

Ryan

can't help w transom lighting.

heater and shower are easy aftermarket installs.

both are powered at the operators option. not sure if the 2011 vlx controls accessories via physical switches or through the heads up display.

if the boat uses old school dash switches then there are custom switch covers available with shower and heater icons on them.

once powered the shower does control water pressure with a pressure switch located on the pump.

Same as above many more places to bye all of it just wanted to show you one so you would know prices.

Shower and heater. Paul (Bakes) is a member and well respected. If you are a supporter you get a discount. Look under resource and then discounts.

http://www.bakesonline.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=513

Switches

http://www.bakesonline.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=638

The switch to cut on my shower is in my rear locker so I can cut it on use the shower and cut it off.

Congrats on the new boat that wake is a beast.

1 person likes this

I purchased my Shower kit from Bakes, It came with everything I needed and I installed the switch in the back locker so I could operate it from the swim deck, as well as the hot & cold control knobs, The Transom lights will integrate into your existing switches!! pic of the install, Very easy!! Shower5.jpg

I purchased my Shower kit from Bakes, It came with everything I needed and I installed the switch in the back locker so I could operate it from the swim deck, as well as the hot & cold control knobs, The Transom lights will integrate into your existing switches!! pic of the install, Very easy!! Shower5.jpg

Awesome! As far as the lights go, do you have any recommendations for transom lighting?

I went with blue attwood, ones I posted above are white and what BU uses stock IIRC. Wiring is already there in 2011, just connect and turn on in MTC. Easy

I went with blue attwood, ones I posted above are white and what BU uses stock IIRC. Wiring is already there in 2011, just connect and turn on in MTC. Easy

Is the wiring straight forward or do I need a special "plug" to plug into the OEM wiring? Will I have to drill into the transom to mount these? I'm nervous about that...

Is the wiring straight forward or do I need a special "plug" to plug into the OEM wiring? Will I have to drill into the transom to mount these? I'm nervous about that...

The wires are zip tied under the top deck very near the transom. Easy to find and check out what connector you need. You can always cut it off and use your own connectors. I would suggest waterproof connectors. Yes you have to drill. If you are uncomfortable, have a shop or a local dealer do the install. Most underwater lights come with installation instructions. Pretty easy. Just use silicone to prevent water intrusion....

1 person likes this

Checkout aqualeds.com for the under water transom lights. Cheaper and better than the oem in my opinion. There's a pic in my boat house pictures with them

Checkout aqualeds.com for the under water transom lights. Cheaper and better than the oem in my opinion. There's a pic in my boat house pictures with them

What model did you go for? I'm super nervous about drilling into my transom but it is what it is. I'm on it. I want the biggest and baddest underwater lights without interfering with the water flow over the bottom of the boat...

Thanks!

Ryan

Here's the write up I did. I went with the blue $129 ones. If you want the brightest light, I'd go shadow casters, but they are pricey. I think the ones I got purchased were the best bang for the buck

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/36905-underwater-led-install/?fromsearch=1

Edited by wakebrdr94

Shadow caster sc10 lights are really good.