Welcome to TheMalibuCrew.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bamabonners

2013 Official SE WOW

446 posts in this topic

Great news! It is official - Singleton Marine will be our hosting dealer and they want to do it right! I spoke with one of the owners, Bryan Potzner, and he wants to have a family friendly Malibu owners get together on thier lake. These guys know how to host a gathering! They put on 53 events last year, but he wants this one to be the big event to help promote Malibu boats. We want to make this THE gathering to attend.

When: August (2-4)

Where: Raft Up location will be near Charleston Park on the Cumming, GA side of the lake.

Activities (some are still tentative):

Friday

6:30pm - Meet & Greet at SMG Sales Dock & Castaways. Malibu owners can meet and hang out at Castaways Restaurant for dinner and drinks.

If we don't want to go the Castaways route, we can also do something at our own SMG Yacht Center/Sales Dock like we do with our Docktail Parties and have our own cookoutproviding our own alcohol, drinks, food, refreshments, etc.

Saturday

10am till

Raft up with Malibu owners in Charleston Park cove on Lake Lanier.

Run wakeboard demoes with SMG Mobile Wake and hydrofoil exhibition with the X-Air Foils team.

Night jam at the SMG 2.0 w/ music, Tiki torches, refreshments, etc.

Sunday

Run SMG Mobile Wake demos?

DEBUT of the new 2014 247 LSV!

Lodging: Many are planning on staying at Holiday Inn in Cumming. You can start booking tomorrow May 2nd. Tell them that you are with MALIBU CREW this is a must we need 10 rooms for the discount. They will need to know what you want and a credit card #. They won't charge anything just hold the room because if we don't have 10 rooms we won't get the discount. When you arrive you will pay with the card or cash how ever you want. They will be holding 10 rooms up till 3 weeks before at that point they will release any unbooked rooms. So if you are going PLEASE book in advance to help the crew get the discount.

HOLIDAY INN

Manager email= Amanda Anderson <[email protected]>

# 678-845-7100

Address= 870 Burford Hwy Cumming, GA 30041

Map link: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=210856243678550575590.0004da80a31d1408d6cea

SHIRT INFO:

Thanks to Bradley Thornton, we have T-Shirts for the event! The shirts are pre shrunk and available in many styles and colros. Link to T-shirt syle and colors: CLICK ME HERE

Please PM Bradley with the following info:

What ever color you want

Sizes (Don't forget the kids.)

Pocket or not

With or with out Wakeboarder (most are saying with) But can do both

How many in each size.

Bradley will PM you back and handle the PayPal. The cost will be Very Very low (think $5 range).

He will deliver in person at the event. If for any reason you can't make it Bamabonners (Preston) wlil deliver it - please make arrangements with Bama.

Please spread the word. Can we start to get of list of those that may be attending:

Attendees so far:

Singleton marine customers

Bamabonners (+1 other possible)

Wakedncsu

wakesetter8796 (maybe)

Ndaws12 (+2 others possible)

Mjlee1985

Bradley Thornton

BearCreekBum (maybe)

NuBuGuy2011

ATLwake43

JoeA (maybe)

Smiff

Chattwake (maybe)

PhishJY

Edited by bamabonners
4 people like this

I have great interest. Once more of the details are hardened I will no better if Im going. But I want to REALLY bad. Thank you so much bama for working on this with Singleton Marine. I would also be curious as to how pet friendly this event would be.

Jeremy

Its your boat, you can bring your pet if you want! As for lodging, there are many options in the area. I am sure there will be some that allows pets.

Edited by bamabonners

Interested, especially since it's only about 3 hours from me, but my daughter is due about 6 weeks prior. Put me down as a "maybe".

426 mile 6 1/2 hours If I'm off I'm in. :rockon: Can we say road trip.

Lake Oconee???

Lake Lanier I believe... right?

8 hour drive for me... Ugh.

Yes, Lake Lanier!!!

Yes, lake Lanier.

It is about 3 1/2 hours for me, but it will be well worth the trip.

Probably in. I'll try to clear it past the wife. I hope Smg hosts as good as there edits!

2 people like this

I will talk with Bryan to see if we can get some of the local pros there as well. I am sure that wont be hard to do.

1 person likes this

Sounds Great! f'm on the other side of Atlanta - an hour away.

1 person likes this

Ya that's 8 hours for me too. Probably wont work. Dang. Sounds like its gonna be awesome

We will be there

1 person likes this

Wife says she's in! Man I am looking forward to this. Never been to anything like this. As the date get closer, anyone from the Raleigh area want to convoy there I would be down.

Me and Bama are going to convoy if I get to go with my work I can't say for sure yes but it's like 95% I'm in. For that long of a drive I may do 5 to 7 day maybe hit a few other lake or just do a few extra days with the family.

Hey Bradley,

Where are you and Bama going to meet up? Birmingham? As it gets closer we will be able to decide. Sounds like lots of fun.

BCB

I can go to either go over to Chattanooga and down to Atlanta or down to b'ham and over to Atlanta. To meet Bradley, I would be going down to b'ham. About the same either way for me.

Hoping to have location on the lake worked out next week so we can start looking at lodging. I will touch base with Bryan early next week and post details.

If my work schedule stays the same me and the family are in. PUMPED :rockon:

1 person likes this

Waiting on final word from Bryan at Singleton, but I would guess that it is going to be taking place around Lanier Islands Resort. They have all sorts of lodging and food nearby. The dealership is on the water there. I don't have info on a raft up spot yet.

does the resort hotel there give you boat access?

I have never been to something like this. Will we be trailering our boats in and out of the water? Do we pay to store it in a slip for the weekend?

Edited by wakedncsu

Sounds awesome Bama - will have to talk it up w/ the wife but bet she'll count us in too! Just a short run from us to Chattanooga and then down 75 to Buford ! Our youngest son AJ is a freshman @ UTC this year and should be working back at the Cove again this summer w/ Scott & Zach. Have you talked it up w/ them at all yet ?. Haven't really hauled our wake pig anywhere yet - and will definitely have to beef up the tow flaps !

1 person likes this

Hey Bradley,

Where are you and Bama going to meet up? Birmingham? As it gets closer we will be able to decide. Sounds like lots of fun.

BCB

Are you in? Can meet us in Birmingham.