Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

13 Malibu plug and play

Fman

I could see how a side port on the rear of the sac used in conjunction with a elbow connector may work better than a rear facing port. The 1" hose is very stiff and does bend or flex so easy. I wonder if side ports will work better with larger/longer sacs (e.g., 750 lbs) since these sacs are slightly longer than the locker space.

Will the new Fly High sacs be available by April? Are the new Fly High sacs going to have the larger 1 1/8" port openings?

I could see how a side port on the rear of the sac used in conjunction with a elbow connector may work better than a rear facing port. The 1" hose is very stiff and does bend or flex so easy. I wonder if side ports will work better with larger/longer sacs (e.g., 750 lbs) since these sacs are slightly longer than the locker space.

Will the new Fly High sacs be available by April? Are the new Fly High sacs going to have the larger 1 1/8" port openings?

The 2013 Malibu sacs are available now. We have sold out of them and are waiting on another shipment or I would go blow one up for you. Fly High currently has no plans to increase the size from the current 3/4" port. They adapt up to the 1-1/8" hose using the Fly High W743 and Fly High W746. We talked about it briefly on ChattWake's new boat post. (http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/41656-just-ordered-a-2013-lsv-the-new-chattwake-boat/page-4)

Only Ronix and Straight Line will have true 1" NPT ports on their ballast bags.

Spencer, thanks for the details. I am just having a tough time wrapping my head around squeezing 900's in there. No issues with pressure on the engine dividers? Do you have to stand there and "help" the bag fill and drain or will it naturally conform / deform as it fills and drains?

Spencer, thanks for the details. I am just having a tough time wrapping my head around squeezing 900's in there. No issues with pressure on the engine dividers? Do you have to stand there and "help" the bag fill and drain or will it naturally conform / deform as it fills and drains?

Yeah it conforms. The compartment is around 22" wide and so is the sac. I like using this larger Straight Line bags because the material is more pliable and the larger sac allows it to reach into the odd shape better than the smaller bags. No need to do anything on your end when filling and draining.

Will the system shut off when the hard tanks are full and then you would restart to fill the sac?

If you use a preset and the plug n play fill valve is closed the system will shut off when the hard tank is full.

If you hit fill on one of the rear tanks and the plug and play valve is closed it will fill the hard tank then continue to push water through the plug and play drain hoses and into the bottom of the bag. It will only fill a little big before the back pressure forces water out the hard tank vent line. By that time you will have noticed and would have turned the fill pump off.

If you have the plug n play valve open and you hit the fill button, both the bag and hard tank will fill to capacity. You will have to reach over and turn that fill pump off once you get water coming from the factory vent.

Talked to wakemakers today. Those guys were patient and have a ton of knowledge...got a pair of Straight Line 900's for the rear lockers on order...can't wait to get them in and give 'em a try!

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody! :salute:

i update this post cause i received my 2013 vlx last saturday.

I have the PNP but i need your help concerning the functions of the hoses.

I read the last messages but it's quite difficult for me to understand all you say... :(

First, i hope you will understand my f****** poor english and you will help me the poor french i am! :biggrin:

I just want to know if you can help me concerning the functions of the different hoses that are located on each side of the rear ballast.

I send you a picture of the hoses i have in my boat, so can you explain me how each hose work?

912918PNP1Resize.jpg

Is it possible to say which hoses fill the fat sacs and which hoses drain it? Which connect valves must i buy (size, quantity,...) and which fat sacs. There are 3 hoses per fat sac, do i have to use absolutly all 3 or not? Which setting work the best?

Have a nice day,

Romain. :cheers: :cheers:

I can't see your photo, but I'm assuming it's the same as all the recent Malibu's that have come out of the factory. The one with the Valve in line is the fill line. The other two are your drain lines. I don't know if you have to connect both, but I'm assuming Malibu plumbed it this way to increase drain times, so it's probably a good idea.

Here are the parts and sacks you need:

2 of these: http://www.wakemakers.com/2013-malibu-hiflo-plugnplay-ballast-kit.html

2 sacks (I would recommend these): http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-fat-sac-dual-drain-port.html

I can't see your photo, but I'm assuming it's the same as all the recent Malibu's that have come out of the factory. The one with the Valve in line is the fill line. The other two are your drain lines. I don't know if you have to connect both, but I'm assuming Malibu plumbed it this way to increase drain times, so it's probably a good idea.

Here are the parts and sacks you need:

2 of these: http://www.wakemakers.com/2013-malibu-hiflo-plugnplay-ballast-kit.html

2 sacks (I would recommend these): http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-fat-sac-dual-drain-port.html

Thank you dude! :thumbup: I've asked to malibu boats and they answered the same thing as you.

Hey, i've got one more question for you:

Is it possible to use only one drain port or must i use absolutly the 2 drain ports when draining bags? :salute:

Is it possible to use only one drain port or must i use absolutly the 2 drain ports when draining bags? :salute:

Can someone help me? :whistle:

For draining you want all the help you can get, especially since its gravity fed.

For draining you want all the help you can get, especially since its gravity fed.

Thanks for your answer! But i'm french and i don't understand all you said... :(

So, what does your answer mean? Can i use one drain port or not on my 2013 PNP?

It may be possible to use just one, but what I am saying is you SHOULD use both as it will dramatically decrease your drain times.

Last year I had a single port drain, it took forever and I always had water leftover in sacs. This year with the Malibu PNP I have dual drains and my bags drain much much faster and there is very little water left in them at the end.

It may be possible to use just one, but what I am saying is you SHOULD use both as it will dramatically decrease your drain times.

Last year I had a single port drain, it took forever and I always had water leftover in sacs. This year with the Malibu PNP I have dual drains and my bags drain much much faster and there is very little water left in them at the end.

Thanks pkh! :thumbup:

I'll buy fat sacs with two drain ports.

Just an FYI, not all 13' boat made after December have the P&P system ready. I bought a 13' Wakesetter VTX and it didnt have it. I contacted Malibu and was told that not all 13' made after December have the system. A lot of them came out without the system as they had a lot of stock hard ballast tank without the top vent for the P&P ballast system and didn't want to get stuck with a bunch of product not moving so a bunch did came out with the stock previous version of the hard tank. Only way is to check in the rear compartment and see if you have the extra hose on top of the tank as shown in the picture in this post.

A few notes on the '13 plug and play on the 24mxz. My '13 came with the system. However, it must have been early production because only 1/2 of it was "really" there. The rear lines were coming up out of the floor, but the newer valve design was not there. I had my dealer plumb it in using the 900lb sumo sacs that I got from wakemakers (referenced earlier in this thread). I tried it this weekend. The sacs fill quickly, and drain very quickly! I don't see the need to add additional pumps. The sac does conform nicely around the compartment. Not all 900lbs will make it in, but it's a sure fire way to get the most out of the space. The boat worked a bit harder even with the ls3 but I would not say it was over-worked. The wake was a tad taller, but the push was amazing. I'm 220lbs and I can ride a good 6' to 10' off the back of the boat! The sweet spot is LONG. My wife rides goofy, and when we flipped the surf gate switch the wake on that side was equally impressive. We had 4 adults in the 24mxz, a toddler and two infants on this run, so with more passengers it's going to get insane. It seems as though the way mine is plumbed now the water flows in through the sac filling the factory tanks. Then, when they are full the sacs begin to retain water. After reading these threads and viewing a newer '13 that is at my dealer now, I am getting a "y" valve like the new ones have so I can shut off the sac if I want and just use the factory tank. On another note, the newer version my dealer had for another customer was plumbed as the pictures above show with the fill line and shut off valve. However, Malibu didn't plumb one of the lines right and their sacs were losing water out of the vent once the pumps were off and they were surfing...so they are correcting the issue for that customer with the correct plumbing. From what we (my dealer and I) can tell, Malibu has been making updates as newer boats have come out to perfect things and make them truly plug and play. My guess is that they have it down now. For those interested, I'll report back once my y-pipe plumbing is installed. Last, with the 900's, my dealer put rubber caps on the back of the bolts that come through the hull for the lifting eyes (or trailer tie down eyes) to ensure there were not sharp edges. This seems like a good idea. The bottom line at the moment is that I would highly recommend the pnp system for anyone that enjoys surfing! PS...2 thumbs up to wakemakers...I have been in email communication with them and they have been a good partner as I have worked through the setup...2 thumbs up!

• 3 weeks later...

just got my 2013 VLX with SG. dealer added 2 wedge shape 500 LB for PNP. my bags have a manual vent valve at the top. It fills and drains fine. only thing i noticed is that when hard tank is full the

gauge show 100% but bags are not completly full.

just got my 2013 VLX with SG. dealer added 2 wedge shape 500 LB for PNP. my bags have a manual vent valve at the top. It fills and drains fine. only thing i noticed is that when hard tank is full the

gauge show 100% but bags are not completly full.

Yes as the water flows through the Y your hard tank will fill up quicker than the sac as the sac is bigger. This is normal and you simply have to hit your fill switch and watch until the bag is full then shut off the pump.

• 3 years later...

Spencer

If you're still following this thread I'd like to run something past you. I'm having the same problem as others with the new piggyback system on my 13 VLX where the hard tank gets air locked and won't fill. I drew up two diagrams adding Y's that I think may solve the problem. One adds a fill to the hard tank and the other adds a vent. Can you look and give your opinion which will work best? I have 30 people coming over on Sunday and really want to get this solved so we can surf. Thanks.

Also, do I read your description on the first page correctly that the factory system has a third port on the top of the factory tank? If so I can't imagine they supply two different tanks and maybe that's there to tap into on boats that didn't order PNP?

69a157f6-6f5c-4d19-aed8-00b7b7bb82ba.jpg8759f07b-884e-44f2-a3cc-97fae8707410.jpgd3fb5a7f-1380-431f-a47d-85389d3416fd.jpg

Edited by gobble