Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What sacs for Plug n' Play?

SurfgateBob

Hi all - looking for either a 400 or 750 lb sac for the Plug n' Play system. I've got no idea which ones will fit. I heard Malibu might be making their own for 2013, but I haven't seen anything yet. Anyone have recommendations or links?

Thanks!

http://www.bakesonline.com/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=524

Become a supporter and get a crew discount. :Tease3:

I'm not sure what will fit but bigger the better if 1100 will fit buy it. You mat not fill it all the way but if you want it you have it how many people do you see upgrading just do it right the first time. :Doh:

I think you should wait and see what Malibu comes up with before you commit to a purchase. That being said, a 750 on each side fit in there pretty well and is what we used when we demoed a 2013 LSV.

So, do the wakemakers 750s or 1100s have the right plugs on it for the PnP?

They have the holes in the right place but I would say no on the plugs ask when you order and they may exchange I would just about bet bakes will

I would just wait and see. Get your boat, take a look at this PNP hose positioning and order you sac's and fittings at that point.

You are going to want to spin a couple hours on the motor before you add weight anyway.

The standard Fly High 750 and 1100 bags will not work. The fitting placement for the 2013 Malibu Plug n' Play system is different. The standard Malibu 550 lb. and Axis upgrade 750 lb. or 1100 lb. bags will be available with the larger fittings for the Hi-Flo pumps and hoses glued in from Fly High.

• Like 1

The standard Fly High 750 and 1100 bags will not work. The fitting placement for the 2013 Malibu Plug n' Play system is different. The standard Malibu 550 lb. and Axis upgrade 750 lb. or 1100 lb. bags will be available with the larger fittings for the Hi-Flo pumps and hoses glued in from Fly High.

Are they available now? Or should I wait a few months? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

They are available and are on our website. You will also want to order 2 W746 fittings and one W741 fittings per bag to complete the installation. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions about the new Plug n' Play system in the 2013 boats.

http://www.wakemakers.com/malibu

Edited by spencer
  • Like 1

I checked out the Malibu PNP sacs on the wakemakers site above. They want $280 for a 750lbs sac. The sac comes with four W743 fittings glued in and appears to have 1 extra hole (which I'm not sure what the extra hole would be used for) and 1 W749 fitting (burping valve). A regular 750lbs fat sac is $150 and the fittings cost $34 total. So what is the huge price increase for??? Is there some feature to these new bags that I'm not understanding?

I checked out the Malibu PNP sacs on the wakemakers site above. They want $280 for a 750lbs sac. The sac comes with four W743 fittings glued in and appears to have 1 extra hole (which I'm not sure what the extra hole would be used for) and 1 W749 fitting (burping valve). A regular 750lbs fat sac is $150 and the fittings cost $34 total. So what is the huge price increase for??? Is there some feature to these new bags that I'm not understanding?

They are custom as compared to the standard W707 sac.

They are available and are on our website. You will also want to order 2 W746 fittings and one W741 fittings per bag to complete the installation. Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions about the new Plug n' Play system in the 2013 boats.

http://www.wakemakers.com/malibu

So wait... does the 750 line up with both the Axis AND Malibu 2013 PnP system then?

Just ordered a 24 mxz with pnp. Do I have to add additional bow weight if I use the rear lockers for ballast when wake boarding or is the stock bow ballast enough? I guess I am wondering if stock ballast, and additional sacks and wedge are too much weight in the rear. If so will the pnp work to plumb sacks further up under the seats?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

They are custom as compared to the standard W707 sac.

Ok, I get that they are custom made and the labor may explain the additional cost. But, why would someone want one of these over the standard 750lbs sac? What is the intended purpose of the fourth hole in the sac? How does this sac work better with the PNP system compared to the standard sacs?

Just ordered a 24 mxz with pnp. Do I have to add additional bow weight if I use the rear lockers for ballast when wake boarding or is the stock bow ballast enough? I guess I am wondering if stock ballast, and additional sacks and wedge are too much weight in the rear. If so will the pnp work to plumb sacks further up under the seats?

I would run a bow sac with both lockers filled. You may have a tough time getting on plain with that much rear weight. Good question on the plug and play. Perhaps a similiar system could be connected to your mid and front tank? If not go with the Johnson or Jabsco impeller style pump.

Edited by old skool malibu

Ok, I get that they are custom made and the labor may explain the additional cost. But, why would someone want one of these over the standard 750lbs sac? What is the intended purpose of the fourth hole in the sac? How does this sac work better with the PNP system compared to the standard sacs?

My guess is that they are a specific size and shape so they are a good fit for the locker, and that the ports are strategically placed so they line up with the OEM hoses. Additional ports in the sac may be for the expansion of additional fill or drain pumps for those that want faster fill and drain.

You are probably going to want more weight in the bow but that is going to be really big. There is not a great bow ballast upgrade option for the bu's right now. If your riding is at that level throw a bag in the walk way, the bow, or use some lead in the storage areas. I am guessing if you do add some extra weight when wakeboarding those sacs will be about half full which should be fine with the stock weight and wedge. It really depends on what shape you are looking to obtain.

HAHA. I wish we made more money on the new Malibu bags. They are not priced high for any good reason as far as I am concerned. They have one additional port on the bag for draining and the fittings are all glued in from the factory. Unfortunately the way that the new PNP is setup there is not a really good alternative that will work. Fly High knows that and is making good money on people that have the money to buy a 2013 Malibu. Every time I have gone out with Gerry from Active Water Sports this season to ride the surf gate we have filled bags manually which at the end of the day is going to be quicker although less convenient.

You are probably going to want more weight in the bow but that is going to be really big. There is not a great bow ballast upgrade option for the bu's right now. If your riding is at that level throw a bag in the walk way, the bow, or use some lead in the storage areas. I am guessing if you do add some extra weight when wakeboarding those sacs will be about half full which should be fine with the stock weight and wedge. It really depends on what shape you are looking to obtain.

HAHA. I wish we made more money on the new Malibu bags. They are not priced high for any good reason as far as I am concerned. They have one additional port on the bag for draining and the fittings are all glued in from the factory. Unfortunately the way that the new PNP is setup there is not a really good alternative that will work. Fly High knows that and is making good money on people that have the money to buy a 2013 Malibu. Every time I have gone out with Gerry from Active Water Sports this season to ride the surf gate we have filled bags manually which at the end of the day is going to be quicker although less convenient.

What about the bag makes it work better than a standard 750lbs sac? Why have you been filling the sacs manually as opposed to using the PNP system? Thanks.

Edited by Cory