Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is this the one for me?

Levi900RR

The thing looks amazing. I'm going to run some numbers and see if I can swing that one now and keep my Skier till spring.

You could try and sell before winter, if you don't like the deal walk away. Right now around here there are two '93 Skiers (non-euro) for sale--one for 10k and the other for 11.5k. Ask high and see what happens.

Plan to have both and if the Skier sells then great, if not sell in spring. Plan for the worst (having both) and hope for the best.

Looks nice, I'm in the same process. Looking for a new toy, think I've talked to the wife into an 02+.

Wondering though if I can talk her into having two boats over the winter.

You could try and sell before winter, if you don't like the deal walk away. Right now around here there are two '93 Skiers (non-euro) for sale--one for 10k and the other for 11.5k. Ask high and see what happens.

Plan to have both and if the Skier sells then great, if not sell in spring. Plan for the worst (having both) and hope for the best.

Any link to the two 93 skiers for sale? Just comparing ;-) since mine is same and it's my 2nd boat and the finance manager has made strong suggestions for selling her...

http://wausau.craigs...3250805404.html

http://wausau.craigs...3249243034.html

Also a 93 Euro for $7200:

http://wausau.craigs...3231725087.html

I will say we don't see the number of boats around here as other areas. They do tend to be a bit more expensive because of it. Ask for a bit more than you want, go from there.

Edit: I was actually shocked to see three inboards on our CL at all. Usually it's old tri-hulls and runabouts or fishing boats.

Edited by jk13

That matching original purple trailer is really something! Mine was originally a unique turquoise green that goes well with the boat color, but I made it blue after taking removing all the rust, 2 coats of POR-15 (after marine clean and metal ready), and a top coat of marine blue expoxy enamel. The green was such an interesting color that I put star and curved stickers on the few spots near front with good paint and no rust, then pulled them off when done and touched up. A little cheezy but it was fun and you can still see the original color. That's what you get for a $3500 bu.....POR-15 is awesome for bad rust as in my case.

Levi,

I would suggest calling TNT Watersports in Hendersonville (20 min from Nashville)

, 615-826-2655 and having a marine inspection, and if you are really serious, possibly agreeing to buy the boat if it checks out, the owner probably knows where that dealer is cause it's local. Just my 2 cents.

Levi,

I would suggest calling TNT Watersports in Hendersonville (20 min from Nashville)

, 615-826-2655 and having a marine inspection, and if you are really serious, possibly agreeing to buy the boat if it checks out, the owner probably knows where that dealer is cause it's local. Just my 2 cents.

I just talked to the owner, the boat is at TNT already. He said they have taken care of it sense it was new.

What motor? I'd ask for more pics and closeups of any problem areas. Pics of prop, platform, wedge, fins, motor, etc. Those 5 pictures are kind of strategic in their angles.....no platform on the boat, etc. White also hides a lot of issues in pictures.

Also that trailer has the funkiest front end I've seen. The bow doesn't rest against anything in front of the V? Maybe you're supposed to hook up that chain that's wrapped around the beam and then winch tight? Seems like it would bounce.

What motor? I'd ask for more pics and closeups of any problem areas. Pics of prop, platform, wedge, fins, motor, etc. Those 5 pictures are kind of strategic in their angles.....no platform on the boat, etc. White also hides a lot of issues in pictures.

Also that trailer has the funkiest front end I've seen. The bow doesn't rest against anything in front of the V? Maybe you're supposed to hook up that chain that's wrapped around the beam and then winch tight? Seems like it would bounce.

I was assuming the marina was checking all that.

Levi - is the marina doing a once over too?

I was assuming the marina was checking all that.

Levi - is the marina doing a once over too?

I just meant to look at the color of the nibral and any chips or nicks to get an idea of user care. Are they dark brown from sitting in water all the time, or still bronze like it was on a trailer, etc. Marina probably wouldn't polish them or replace them unless they were really bad so it is an easy way to look at a boat's history. Same with the engine general cleanliness, etc.

I was blinded by the initial great looks of the boat yesterday, now if he's moving forward it's time to get past the pretty face.

motor is 325 monsoon I believe.

That'd be good.

• Like 1

I am going to talk to the guys at TNT today. They are supposed to be taking a ton of pictures, close ups of everything and sending them to me. I also have a call in to Peter at Smooth Water Sports to see if he has a line on anything more local. If he doesn't and this thing checks out I may be in for a LONG weekend soon...

After talking to the owner it seems pretty legit. He said the rear seat covers were replaced 2 years ago becuase the seams were starting to pull apart. The way he talks anytime there has been even a small issue it goes back to TNT for repair.

That trailer does look weird...