Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Skier Decals - Group Buy?

datsun510dad

Hey. I've been trolling 'bu crew since I bought my '87 Skier earlier this season. The forum in general has been extremely helpful in various aspects of Malibu ownership. In my searches I've noticed that some members are missing and looking for some decals for the Skier's, inside and out.

Our Skier is in pretty good condition. The previous owner was proud of his Malibu and it shows in the condition and maintenance.

d93f4be7.jpg

41994c7c.jpg

So using our Malibu Skier as a template, I wanted to gauge how much interest there would be from other Skier owners in purchasing replacement hull decals (sun included), transom decals, and instrument decals?

It would only make fiscal sense to make several of each decals to keep individual cost at a minimum. There are even some customization options in regards to the instrument decal.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks Josh! We are really proud of her!

Good deal! Obviously the small Malibu Skier script on the transom would be the cheapest to reproduce. The port and starboard Malibu Skier script itself wouldn't be that expensive either. It's the six colored sun that starts getting more expensive due to the multiple rolls of vinyl that have to be purchased.

The graphic that surround the instruments, surprisingly, wouldn't be terribly expensive either. It would consist of a base vinyl with all of the graphics printed on and a layer of UV protectant applied to keep it looking good for as long as possible. The customization aspect comes into play with the ability to print almost anything that you would want.

For instance:

Instead of the awesome skiing dude graphic (left of the wheel), you could opt for a printed picture of your girlfriend in a bikini. Or perhaps a water-skiing dog with sunglasses. The possibilities are almost endless. But I've got a feeling that most of you guys would like to keep it looking OEM with just the grid, logo and charts.

My motivation isn't to make big bucks off of fellow Malibu enthusiasts. It's to help guys to get their Skier's looking right. No silly wraps or graphics from different Malibu models. If there are a few more guys interested in some original Malibu Skier decals then please feel free to let me know. The more people that are interested in purchasing, the less expensive it will be for everybody.

Nice boat!

I have a 1988 in the same colors that I restored last winter.

I had a new set of decals made by a local sign shop. the owner of the shop lives on the same lake. To make sure we got an exact match on the sun decal, I purchased a NOS sun decal from ebay.

I bought one set and here is how he priced them. The Malibu skier for the sides $ 45 for a set of 2, the 6 color sun circles $ 40 for set of 2, the AWSA towboat is $ 10.00 for set of 2, back Malibu decal is $ 10.00. The total for all of them is $ 105.00.

He told me he could drop the price to $90 a set if he had 5 or more orders.

He also made a custom decal for my transom that used the exact same Malibu font.

His name is Bob Patterson and his email address is: [email protected]

Chuck A

6cae407d.jpg

920684d4.jpg

Edited by Chuck A

Sounds like a good deal. My 89 Euro has the the same decals I bought it from the original owner and is all original, a well kept older boat.It took me 4yrs to find an older boat in good condition that I wanted.

A friend of mine who knows nothing about boats said ( your boat needs a new name LOL!) I would like to keep it all original one skier decal has a tear in it and I'm missing half a sun . I'm happy with the boat put 38 hrs on it this yr so far and is running strong and I finally am able to slamon skiing,learned on this boat. The boat sat for almost 4 yrs.

I'm in let me know when we order.....

I would totally be interested in purchasing replacement hull decals (sun included), transom decals, and instrument decals if the price was right! For the most part all the decals on my 85 Skier are in pretty good shape except for some wear on the hull decals.

Great! I just got back into town and am working on the price. I'm planning on getting a few extra sets to help keep everyone's cost as low as possible. I'll let you guys know what the price will be, per set, as soon as possible.

Price per set will be $90 plus shipping. A set includes:

(2) "Malibu Skier" script decal in white (black is also available)

(2) Sun decals

(1) "Malibu Boats" script decal in white (black is also available)

Let me know if you guys are still interested. If so, I'll get to work.

I am still interested. How do we pay though, paypal? Would it be possible at all to get a free sample to make sure it looks exactly like original decals before we place a big order?

I was thinking that selling the decal sets through Ebay would be prudent. This way everyone who is interested in purchasing a set has some form of buyer protection through Ebay and Paypal. I'll be able to offer everyone flat-rate shipping and accept returns for unused sets.

I don't think I'll be able to send a sample. But I will be sure to post a bunch of pictures of a decal set along side my Skier to show that the font and colors match.

Things have been pretty busy around here, but progress is being made on these decal sets. I will be sure to update as soon as they are completed and ready to ship.

Sorry for the delay in progress. I'm working with a supplier to get the correct shade for one of the colors of the sun. After going through all of our suppliers I think I've found a pretty good match. They should have the sample to me soon. I will be sure to post some pictures of a completed set as soon as possible. Once again I appologize for the delay.

I am excited to see how these new decals look when you post some pics, I am looking forward to seeing the pictures and appreciate you doing all of this!

• 3 weeks later...

The decals are completed! Geez, I appologize for the long delay on getting these decal sets wrapped up.

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

As stated before a complete set includes (2) Sun decals, (2) "Malibu Skier" decals, and (1) "Malibu Boats" decal. White and black are available. Let me know if you are interested in only a piece or two, I should be able to work something out. Your complete statisfaction is my upmost concern. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

To view a few more pictures or to purchase, please click the ebay link:

http://www.ebay.com/...ewitem=&vxp=mtr

So here are few more pictures of a completed decal. They turned out so well that I decided to place one on my truck. Feel free to let me know if ya'll have any questions or would like more pictures. And as I stated before, let me know if you are interested in only one or more pieces, instead of a complete set. Installation instructions are also included with purchase.

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

Edited by datsun510dad
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...