Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Insurance response time on claims

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on insurance claims and response times people have had from adjusters and who their carrier is.

I am being told by my insurance company, they only have 1 guy for the state and it's going on 2 weeks for the guy to even look at it. The boat is ready to be repaired. I can't touch it until the adjuster looks at it. I have the estimates for the repairs needed. I even offered to pull the boat to the guy anywhere in the state - twice. I was told he would get to it when he was in the area.

I have Farm Bureau insurance.

I have State Farm and am working with them now on my trailer issues. They stated they won't cover the mechanical failure, but will consider the subsequent damage. I need to send a report and receipts when the work is done.

Do you have a specific agent? I would call him / her directly and explain the situation. losing seveal weeks of summer waiting on the adjuster isn't right.

I have Sublimity Insurance covering three cars and my boat. Not long ago my wife backed her car out of the garage before the automatic door was open all the way. It ripped the wing off the car's hatchback and caused a couple grand in damage.

The whole ordeal maybe took two weeks from the time the accident occured and the car was fixed. Within two days of the accident an adjustor came out to acess damage, they made arrangements to have the car fixed within a few days. We had a to wait a week to get the car into a body shop because they had to order parts, and it took a few days to get the car fixed.

I'm pretty sure the adjustor was a third party indepdendent and not affiliated w/the insurance company.

Travelers came out the next day and I had a check three days later. My claim was for stolen fishing rods out of my bass boat, but I'd expect their other claims to be similar. Thought earlier this year I was going to get to use the mechanical failure claim, but that will wait.

Auto and boat can differ. Some marine clams need to be looked at by a marine qualified adjuster. I don't know all companies do so but I know some do.

Soon2BV - I called my agent. He is the only one that seems to care about anything. Probably because I am a $6000/year account between my house, 5 cars, and boat. Everyone else I deal with seems like it is an inconvenience and I am just going to have to wait.