Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MXZ Surf Wave

Cdoogles

So, I'm not a huge surfer, but my girlfriend loves it and it is a pleasant way to spend the afternoon when it's choppy or my body is too broken to wakeboard.

Here are a few photos, the lake was choppy so the wave wasn't always super clean, but we're starting to get it figured out! The wave is very powerful and has a pretty awesome shape to it, in my opinion....

P1070767.jpg

P1070747.jpg

P1070745.jpg

This was the Surf Left Preset , which is Port MLS full, Center MLS full, Front MLS half full, Wedge all the way down, Speed 11.4-11.6. We the added about 550-600lbs in the rear port bay, 300 under the port seat, and 300 on top of it. We only had 3 people out that day, otherwise I don't think I would need the one on top of the seat. Really fun wave!

I'm very impressed with the wave in general...given I am comparing it to my 2007 VLX since that's the boat I spent the most time surfing behind. The MXZ does not seem to like much extra bow weight, and definitely likes to be leaning. I didn't have the rub rail in the water this time, but that will be my goal on our next trip out....

• 8 months later...

I've noticed a few posts lately about the lack of a quality surf wave on an MXZ. Just thought I would re-post these pictures of my 2012 MXZ surf wave from last year. I will definitely post some of the wave with surfgate here in about a month when I get my 2013 MXZ into the water!

Did you ride behind the 2013 MXZ with surfgate was it as good or better than the 2012. Many people are saying its not as nice as the 2012 without surfgate.

Did you ride behind the 2013 MXZ with surfgate was it as good or better than the 2012. Many people are saying its not as nice as the 2012 without surfgate.

I have, but haven't had a chance to really weight and play with it to get it dialed in. My MXZ with surfgate just arrived and I will be getting it in the water in a few weeks. I know there have been some negative comments going around but I am confident that I will be able to change everyone's minds once I get some shots with the boat properly weighted.... Stay tuned :)

• Like 3