Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Amish Tow rig

Jimmypooh

Most Amish look the same, but there are different churches. Depending on which one they go to and their beliefs, some are able to use things with motors as long as they don't own it. So they can borrow or what ever. And some are not allowed to own cars but are allowed to own tractors as long as they're not used for transportation.

Most Amish look the same, but there are different churches. Depending on which one they go to and their beliefs, some are able to use things with motors as long as they don't own it. So they can borrow or what ever. And some are not allowed to own cars but are allowed to own tractors as long as they're not used for transportation.

Nothing like tweaking the religion for one's benefit.

Yea that's kind of what I think too. Here in Indiana where I live we have horse and buggy Amish and we also have the type we call "flying Amish" in which they can have cars, trucks and what not but it can't have a radio, and they have electricity, cell phones, computers and Internet but cant have a tv. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Friend of mine tells of an Amish family he knows that had a minivan under a large tarp in the corner of their barn. Once a year, they'd pile all the little Amlets into the van and take a road trip.

Friend of mine tells of an Amish family he knows that had a minivan under a large tarp in the corner of their barn. Once a year, they'd pile all the little Amlets into the van and take a road trip.

I don't know why, but that statement made me hungry.

I don't think that my local marina has any places to tie up a horse.

Backing down the ramp has got to be sketchy.

I think I would need at least 6 horses to move my boat effectively.

I'm awaiting a photo shopped Amish buggy with a Bu'.

I can't figure out the different sects of Amish either...as soon as I think I know I see another Amishean with different technology!

07.5 3500 1 ton duramax straight piped with PPE work, Built up Allison w/ custom coolers.

But I think the one horse power rig still has more torque at the rear ah hoofs

An Amish buggy pulling a boat is not at all an uncommon sight in my area. We actually have several Amish farms on the lake I live on. There is also a vacant lot owned by an Amish guy where a lot of his buddys store their boats of all shapes and sizes. On a side note, this same guy built my deck using his CNC mill to cut the PVC boards prior to bringing them to the house. Kinda odd to see a computerized system in a shop with gas lights and wood burner heat! I believe they figure that a boat will not take them away from their community as will a car. It can get pretty confusing!

I use amish workers up at my cabin and was told they can use all the good stuff but can't own it. So many have a non amish worker who owns many of the tools trucks and such. :dontknow:

As with any religion some sects are more strict then others. I have know some Amish and they are wonderful people. I do find a buggy pulling a jon boat hilarious though.

07.5 3500 1 ton duramax straight piped with PPE work, Built up Allison w/ custom coolers.

But I think the one horse power rig still has more torque at the rear ah hoofs

What is your maximum length for the "B-train" in your state, we are limited to 65 feet.... If they made a 9 foot bu i would be set.