Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fuel Gauge Doesn't Work-HELP!

Well I bought my first malibu (actually my first boat); a 23' 2000 Waksetter V Drive. We took for a test drive with the dealer and he said the fuel was low so we couldn't be long. Then we took the boat to Lake Powell, UT to find out that the fuel gauge doesn't work. (mmm...wonder if he knew that?) We left the boat there in dry storage with a local mechanic since we plan to go down from Colorado every month. The mechanic called today and asked if I had the wiring diagram so he could determine which wires in the harness were for the fuel guage. So now what do I do? We really need this fixed and the boat is old so I can't find anything on line and my manual doesn't show anything about the wiring. Can anybody help??? PLEASE...

Well I bought my first malibu (actually my first boat); a 23' 2000 Waksetter V Drive. We took for a test drive with the dealer and he said the fuel was low so we couldn't be long. Then we took the boat to Lake Powell, UT to find out that the fuel gauge doesn't work. (mmm...wonder if he knew that?) We left the boat there in dry storage with a local mechanic since we plan to go down from Colorado every month. The mechanic called today and asked if I had the wiring diagram so he could determine which wires in the harness were for the fuel guage. So now what do I do? We really need this fixed and the boat is old so I can't find anything on line and my manual doesn't show anything about the wiring. Can anybody help??? PLEASE...

Wouldn't they be the wires actually connected to the fuel gauge??

THANK YOU Pistol Pete and Wienrdog!!!!

Seems pretty simple if you're a mechanic I think. I will foward to the mechanic in UT and keep you posted.