Welcome to TheMalibuCrew.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Malibu Vail

Fuel Gauge Doesn't Work-HELP!

Well I bought my first malibu (actually my first boat); a 23' 2000 Waksetter V Drive. We took for a test drive with the dealer and he said the fuel was low so we couldn't be long. Then we took the boat to Lake Powell, UT to find out that the fuel gauge doesn't work. (mmm...wonder if he knew that?) We left the boat there in dry storage with a local mechanic since we plan to go down from Colorado every month. The mechanic called today and asked if I had the wiring diagram so he could determine which wires in the harness were for the fuel guage. So now what do I do? We really need this fixed and the boat is old so I can't find anything on line and my manual doesn't show anything about the wiring. Can anybody help??? PLEASE...

Read this. Easy fix.

I can't seem to find that Teleflex sender right now.

Well I bought my first malibu (actually my first boat); a 23' 2000 Waksetter V Drive. We took for a test drive with the dealer and he said the fuel was low so we couldn't be long. Then we took the boat to Lake Powell, UT to find out that the fuel gauge doesn't work. (mmm...wonder if he knew that?) We left the boat there in dry storage with a local mechanic since we plan to go down from Colorado every month. The mechanic called today and asked if I had the wiring diagram so he could determine which wires in the harness were for the fuel guage. So now what do I do? We really need this fixed and the boat is old so I can't find anything on line and my manual doesn't show anything about the wiring. Can anybody help??? PLEASE...

Wouldn't they be the wires actually connected to the fuel gauge??

Believe this may help: MDC Wiring Guide on Epic Marine

Wire should be pink all the way from tank to MDC.

Ground will go to common ground bus under the dash.

THANK YOU Pistol Pete and Wienrdog!!!!

Seems pretty simple if you're a mechanic I think. I will foward to the mechanic in UT and keep you posted.