Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Blown Mux Box??

Just picked up my Bu from the dealer, I last posted that all my accessories were not working, Well found out it was a blown Mux Fuse box, Basically it was my entire fuse box. So now that we know what it was, Now I want to know Why, Those things are not cheep, not to mention the labor, Thankfully it was under warranty!! So my question is. Has anyone else had this sort of problem, The Service tech and I were trying to figure out what would have caused this part to fail. One thing we thought was, When I plugged in my Pro mariner, some how it might have caused a power surge, That's when everything went off, It blew my Interior lights fuse and apparently my entire Fuse box. He said to turn the Perko switch off before plugging in my on board charger next time, any Ideas as to why this happened, Also it could have been just a faulty part to begin with, But I'm trying to avoid this from happening again.

I've had my onboard charger on my boat for 1-1/2 years and never blew my medallion box, I'm sure there were several times I forgot to turn the switch to off. I try to but don't always remember. Don't worry to much about it, I've heard of malibu replacing them from.time to time. If it was that out of the ordinary they would have given your dealer a lot of grief about warranty on the box and tried to blame you for it.

I've had my onboard charger on my boat for 1-1/2 years and never blew my medallion box, I'm sure there were several times I forgot to turn the switch to off. I try to but don't always remember. Don't worry to much about it, I've heard of malibu replacing them from.time to time. If it was that out of the ordinary they would have given your dealer a lot of grief about warranty on the box and tried to blame you for it.

Ya I did ask and he said they had to replace a few in some older boats, and that they were suppose to be much improved, Hopefully it was a freak occurrence, I will turn it off just in case, Whats kinda funny is I did have the interior lights on when the system blew, and it did blow that fuse, So I'm sure it had to have something to do with it...But the guys at AWS were awesome and said they would take care of it,, and they did!! Are you finally back in town so you can finnish your install....

Ya I did ask and he said they had to replace a few in some older boats, and that they were suppose to be much improved, Hopefully it was a freak occurrence, I will turn it off just in case, Whats kinda funny is I did have the interior lights on when the system blew, and it did blow that fuse, So I'm sure it had to have something to do with it...But the guys at AWS were awesome and said they would take care of it,, and they did!! Are you finally back in town so you can finnish your install....

Yeah got back this afternoon, been working on it for a while today. Should be pretty close to done tomorrow.

Had to replace mine as well.. Heater wouldn't shut off but that was the only issue with mine...

Well that is one thing I appreciate about my old Ski Sanger, Not a whole lot of Electronics to go bad. Pretty low tech, And very dependable. I just hope it was a freak occurrence, The Smarter these boats get, The more expensive to maintain..

Well that is one thing I appreciate about my old Ski Sanger, Not a whole lot of Electronics to go bad. Pretty low tech, And very dependable. I just hope it was a freak occurrence, The Smarter these boats get, The more expensive to maintain..

No doubt about that, its always something.