Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cover Support

SacRiverRat

In an effort to maintain some value-add in my posts, thought I'd document my simple PVC cover support solution

I've seen others do things like this, and wanted to show what I came up with (and applied to '02 WSLSV)

Here is the front - basically 1/2 pvc (not even glued) wedged into the hand rails, with 'T's on the ends, cut open to fit the rails. The center is held up with a leg, and another open T fitting - open so it doesn't slide on the carpet under the weight of the cover

post-80-1113764971_thumb.jpg

For the back - even more simple! to vertical legs, with T's on the ends (for feet). I left those uncut incase they contacted the vinyl, but YRMV.. may want to cut if you have slippage issues. They just sit in the carpeted base for the side seats. 45deg near the top of the sides, and then a cross piece a bit wider than the boat (to form the arch)

Basically gently presses itself into the side cushions and friction holds it there - works great to keep water from puddling just in front of the sun pad area.

post-80-1113765458_thumb.jpg

post-80-1113765482_thumb.jpg

In the covered pic - the second bump is the ski pylon... causes some pooling issues if you don't lift the cover between the pylon and windshield

Pretty cool and your not out a whole bunch of money.

FWIW I've never had a pooling issue in the front and my cover came with a pole to support the cover between the windshield and my rear mounted pylon.

Very nice. I used to use a similar system on my old nautique. Since they had step down gunnels you made a T for each end out of carpeted 3x2 and it would stay in snug. worked well, but I never got around to engineering something for my bu.

My cover has a pole between the windshield and pylon, but 1) it is too short and 2) the distance to the sunpad, still allows water to pool. Maybe a LSV thing, but if it rains hard enough, once the water starts pooling, it is all down hill (bad pun) from there...

I don't use the supports during the non wet months