Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Monday Prize Give-a-way!

amym

Although, I'd vote for the gal if she came in here & told the same story from her perspective! :rofl:

But she already got a free sticker, and install to boot!

I used to have a "Perfect Pass" sticker on my truck ... It had been on there for a few years so I never really looked at it after a while ... Then I had a date that pointed out that the second P was missing ... :oops::loser:

We used to have a d-bag sales guy that worked for us who drove a Passat. We would do install work on his stereo, he would take it home and have his friends who thought they knew more than us mess with it and break it, then yell at us and try to get us to fix it for free. Being a store "demo" car, we usually would end up having to. We also happened to have an installer with a Passat wagon who had debadged his car so we had extra emblems.

Suffice it to say he found out you can take two Ps and cut them, flip one and make a pretty convincing H. On his last day working for us his "PASSAT" turned into "A$$HAT".

:yahoo:

Sweet, I never thought that story would get me anything! I felt like an idoit that day :lol:

Thanks Amy!

Any ideas where to put the decal? I would love to put it on the rear window of my truck, but it goes up and down so that is out.

Tailgate Emblem maybe???

Good to hear it paid off for you in the long run. And for being a good sport about it. :rockon:

Am I too late??

Patrick

Love the plate Patrick!
:thumbup: Very cool plate!

I've got a better one. ;)

But she already got a free sticker, and install to boot!

We used to have a d-bag sales guy that worked for us who drove a Passat. We would do install work on his stereo, he would take it home and have his friends who thought they knew more than us mess with it and break it, then yell at us and try to get us to fix it for free. Being a store "demo" car, we usually would end up having to. We also happened to have an installer with a Passat wagon who had debadged his car so we had extra emblems.

Suffice it to say he found out you can take two Ps and cut them, flip one and make a pretty convincing H. On his last day working for us his "PASSAT" turned into "A$$HAT".

Okay, that's just awesome.

you didn't just win a decal...you won a stainless steel malibu emblem with the retro malibu sun on it.

Yep, that's why I cant put it on my back window...

I am planning a Trailer project for the spring. I may buy another one and incorporate it into the Trailer.

We'll see...

Here's a pic of my tow vehicle.... Already displaying a Malibu decal:

CIMG1645.jpg

I've actually been thinking about buying 2 of the large stainless emblems that are on the back of the Malibu boats to use as flap weights on my stone guard. I think that might look pretty cool.

CIMG1647-1.jpg

Here's a pic of my tow vehicle.... Already displaying a Malibu decal:

I've actually been thinking about buying 2 of the large stainless emblems that are on the back of the Malibu boats to use as flap weights on my stone guard. I think that might look pretty cool.

Holy crap, do you tow down a gravel road to get to your lake? Whats with the redudant mud flaps.

Did a rock kill your brother or what? :Tease3:

Holy crap, do you tow down a gravel road to get to your lake? Whats with the redudant mud flaps.

Did a rock kill your brother or what? :Tease3:

The stock mud flaps aren't useful in preventing rocks from hitting the trailer/boat. I don't have the stock mud flaps but I do run mud flaps as I do travel on a rock road regularly as well, but even so I'd still get a pair as it's cheaper than repairing the trailer/boat.

The stock mud flaps aren't useful in preventing rocks from hitting the trailer/boat. I don't have the stock mud flaps but I do run mud flaps as I do travel on a rock road regularly as well, but even so I'd still get a pair as it's cheaper than repairing the trailer/boat.

Like he said....

No way I'd tow down gravel though unless I absolutely had to. The rock flaps work great for deflecting all the rocks that get picked up by the tires on the highway. I don't tow my boat a mile without them.

Like he said....

No way I'd tow down gravel though unless I absolutely had to. The rock flaps work great for deflecting all the rocks that get picked up by the tires on the highway. I don't tow my boat a mile without them.

Sorry my ADD & sarcastic got the best of me. I guess I do see the purpose behind it.

I guess I just don't see it as being that big of an issue, maybe it's cause my bu is white and I just don't see it as a problem.

Trying my hardest to be understanding but the phrase "WTF...is it really that big of an issue" is flashing through my head.

Hijack over

Sorry my ADD & sarcastic got the best of me. I guess I do see the purpose behind it.

I guess I just don't see it as being that big of an issue, maybe it's cause my bu is white and I just don't see it as a problem.

Trying my hardest to be understanding but the phrase "WTF...is it really that big of an issue" is flashing through my head.

Hijack over

Just because your boat is white doesn't mean you won't get rock chips going down the highway. I guess I just like to take good care of my stuff, so it looks good while I'm using it, and it's worth more money when it's time to sell it. Just about everything I own looks like brand new for as long as I own it.

Using the rock guard isn't hard by any means.... It stays attached to my hitch. The hitch slides into the truck when I go to the lake. Pull the pin and slide the assembly out and lay it on the garage floor after I back the boat into the garage. Pretty simple. It takes about 30 seconds more than just unhooking the boat, and leaving the hitch on the truck.

Just because your boat is white doesn't mean you won't get rock chips going down the highway. I guess I just like to take good care of my stuff, so it looks good while I'm using it, and it's worth more money when it's time to sell it. Just about everything I own looks like brand new for as long as I own it.

Using the rock guard isn't hard by any means.... It stays attached to my hitch. The hitch slides into the truck when I go to the lake. Pull the pin and slide the assembly out and lay it on the garage floor after I back the boat into the garage. Pretty simple. It takes about 30 seconds more than just unhooking the boat, and leaving the hitch on the truck.

Ok my turn...what he said.... :)

Don't get me wrong fellas seems like a good idea. I guess what I meant was that since my boat is white I never noticed any rock chips. Besides when ur boat is 17 years old like mine, it just isn't as much of a concern. Looks it works well and is convienent.

Don't get me wrong fellas seems like a good idea. I guess what I meant was that since my boat is white I never noticed any rock chips. Besides when ur boat is 17 years old like mine, it just isn't as much of a concern. Looks it works well and is convienent.

My boat is white, but my trailer is black and it got the %#@*& beat out of it on a 30 mile stretch of recently rock-chipped highway. I would have killed to have one of those flap setups that day.

:yahoo:

Sweet, I never thought that story would get me anything! I felt like an idoit that day :lol:

Thanks Amy!

Any ideas where to put the decal? I would love to put it on the rear window of my truck, but it goes up and down so that is out.

Tailgate Emblem maybe???

Nice job Levi! Rockon.gif

http://malibuboats.blogspot.com/2010/10/funny-malibu-decal-stories.html

My boat is white, but my trailer is black and it got the %#@*& beat out of it on a 30 mile stretch of recently rock-chipped highway. I would have killed to have one of those flap setups that day.

Imagine this.............I drove to Philadelphia to pick up a Dodge Viper. When I got home I discovered that the road I live on had been resurfaced using the tar and chip method while I was gone. :cry:

You're in good company I'm the exact same way and I do the same thing. I've got a similar setup on my truck, even more important if you have a lifted truck.