Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2011's

Malibudude

Check it out, the boat in the picture has the new Wet Sounds PRO 696. Sure glad that Malibu is listening to it's customers and offering a high end tower audio option. I had to order my boat with the factory speakers, then scrap the factory speakers and replace them with the Wet Sounds. I would have been much easier to order the Wet Sounds from the factory. The PRO 696 in the factory housings ROCK! Look deep inside those tower speaker grills and you will see the WetSounds Pro 696's. It is really nice to see Malibu improving the quality of their tower speakers. I love my Pro 696 6X9's. They project sound so well. You do not have to have the volume of your stereo up so loud that no one in the boat can hear themselves think so the rider can hear the tunes.

I'll say you have a good eye. You said it's there and I still can't find the boat picture that has the wetsounds. Which boat and which pic?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibudude

• Bobby Light

• UWSkier

• chadwick02

See my post above, it's on the red and white boat with the white tower and white speakers. There are no grills on the speakers and you can see the horn in the middle.

Post #2 of this thread.

Edited by jtrovato
  • 2 weeks later...

I surfed the new 2011 VLX today and I really like the improvements for this year...

First off I have to say the steering wheel really threw me off when I saw it in the pictures.. Kinda like the first impression of the G3 tower... After driving the boat and feeling the new wheel my thoughts have changed drastically... The new wheel is much heavier and beefier than the previous wheels and looks much nicer in person....

Malibu Touch Command is an awesome improvement.. While I am not a fan of the MUX switches in my 2010 the MTC really works well and cleans up the dash really nicely... It also features a GPS and of course the push button start and stop..

The Wakesetter Logos above the Cupholders on the sides have changed as well and look really nice...

The boat we were in had the 410 HP Engine upgrade as well and although it definitely had more holeshot and sounded really nice I wouldn't spend the extra money on it and with that engine you lose the warming tray as it sits up higher in the boat..

The VLX had the trash can under the corner seat behind the driver as well where my 2010 VLX doesn't..

The snapout carpet is a new carpet that has the WS Logo in the center...

The new Charcoal Matallic really sparkles in the sun...

Overall I really like the new changes and had a great surf behind it today and to top it all off I landed my first surface 360 which I have been trying to do for over 2 years...

Wakesetter 247

post-6-128015683721_thumb.jpgpost-6-12801568343_thumb.jpgpost-6-12801568316_thumb.jpgpost-6-128015682869_thumb.jpgpost-6-128015682612_thumb.jpgpost-6-128015682139_thumb.jpgpost-6-128015681906_thumb.jpgpost-6-128015681598_thumb.jpg

Malibu what are you doing to the greatest wave making machine in the business. i am a five time bu owner. all new ones. two 23s and three 247s i am so glad i went with a 2010 247. i do not like the new design of the rear of the boat on the 247. i truly hope this is an option and the old style is available for my 2012 247. you see bu owners love to surf. the 247 needs all the compartment space we can get. a surf edition 247 would have done the balance sheet and cash flow statement much better. i have never had anyone say stanley we need a bench seat back here. i have had a lot of people on my boat over the years who were not malibu owners before they got on my boat. they are malibu owners now though! none of them said a thing about the rear needing a bench.

Edited by Rhino

Well the one thing I am glad they replaced is the JBL marine stereo unit that came with my 2010 LSV complete junk I think. It doesnt really control the ipod that well the screen on it is super small. Also not one shop anywhere around me even carries JBL marine. I chucked that thing out of my boat fast.

Well the one thing I am glad they replaced is the JBL marine stereo unit that came with my 2010 LSV complete junk I think. It doesnt really control the ipod that well the screen on it is super small. Also not one shop anywhere around me even carries JBL marine. I chucked that thing out of my boat fast.

Totally agree, and it was even worse on the '08s where they put the remote in the walkway. I've been running my ipod diretly into my WS-420 since I bought my boat. Hoping this RF unit is better as I'm planning on upgrading in the spring.