Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakesetter 23 LSV scratch build r/c boat

xx29l9

On 10/27/2017 at 10:47 AM, UWSkier said:

Looks like you've correctly modified the drive to use LH rotation instead of the original prop setup.  Figured you'd do that... :)

Glad you noticed....no way I'm going through this much work to have the wrong prop rotation on there. My OCD would not allow it!

Bob

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

So nice I can’t like someone else’s post! It deserves its own comment. So much attention to detail! That is going to be one sick 1:12.

next project is to add surfgate to ur 1:1 and then update ur 1:12!

18 hours ago, holden said:

So nice I can’t like someone else’s post! It deserves its own comment. So much attention to detail! That is going to be one sick 1:12.

next project is to add surfgate to ur 1:1 and then update ur 1:12!

Ooooooohhhhh.....DO NOT DISTRACT ME with talk like that. Last thing I need is to add more stuff to this build. Focus, focus, focus and finish this thing.

Thanks everyone for the comments, it is appreciated. Keeps me pluggin along.

Bob

2 hours ago, xx29l9 said:

Ooooooohhhhh.....DO NOT DISTRACT ME with talk like that. Last thing I need is to add more stuff to this build. Focus, focus, focus and finish this thing.

Thanks everyone for the comments, it is appreciated. Keeps me pluggin along.

Bob

Dont forget an actuating wedge! Ok maybe just a floating wedge.

2 hours ago, vanamp said:

Have You been leaving tiny zip ties and wrenches in the bilge as you build? 

don't forget the Nuts, Washers, and Screws.... :rofl:

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Wakesetter67 said:

Found a few the other day...Like hidden treasure! 

Love finding hidden treasures in the bilge, or in the drives storage area. Haven't left anything too obvious laying around in the model, but there is still plenty of opportunity to screw something up.

Bob

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Between the Holidays and a nasty sinus infection, the build has been going slow. I knew it would even if I was feeling 100% since this interior is a slow grind. Finished upholstering the captains seat yesterday and it only took me 10+ hours to do it....eeeeesh. So now only the dash and driver side panel left to finish for the interior. Getting there.

Latest build link-  https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1210959-Malibu-Wakesetter-23-LSV-scratch-build/page39

Bob

Excellent work as usual.  A project like that isn't about getting it done under a deadline, but the enjoyment and journey getting there.  I know I've enjoyed watching it come together.  :) 

• Like 1

First off...... Kotos to your Patience 

And evertime I see more completion I'm more and more amazed. 

Very nice.:salute:

Edited by Dare2goBare
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

a10656369-6-0115181958a.jpg

Is that a nod to our own @IXFE on the starboard seat?  :)  Looks like a Leinies to me but LOLed at the can.

Well....I'm actually trying to cut way back on my beer consumption for awhile while I try to work my way into better shape. So after a long day of working on the seat I figured I'd leave a beer out there for someone to enjoy. Not sure what the label says....but there is a close picture of it on this page-   https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1210959-Malibu-Wakesetter-23-LSV-scratch-build/page27

And that can reminds of something, the typical 1:12 scale dollhouse beer cans you buy don't fit in my cupholders. If you measure them out they are way out of scale. So I'll be making a variety of true to scale beer/pop cans that will actually fit in the cupholders. All in good time.

Bob

8 hours ago, xx29l9 said:

So I'll be making a variety of true to scale beer/pop cans that will actually fit in the cupholders. All in good time.

How about a tiny box anchor and some life jackets to go in the storage areas too lol. You are amazing. I love following your progress!

11 hours ago, UWSkier said:

a10656369-6-0115181958a.jpg

Is that a nod to our own @IXFE on the starboard seat?  :)  Looks like a Leinies to me but LOLed at the can.

I would NEVER rest a soda can on the vinyl like that! :beer:

@xx29l9 I see you went with light graphite and white on your seat cushions.  The colors are SPOT on for Malibu.  Same as my '15 LSV.  

14A27CD1-5D88-4BA5-9D0A-F8806E2A00E5.jpeg

Edited by IXFE