Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

AXIS A22 or Wakesetter VLX

Hanahawaiian

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hanahawaiian

• Bobby Light

• wakeboy

• k_b_stephens

I think i found a beauty 07 Wakesetter VLX I'm going meet guy on weekend..

it have 170 hours i think it low.. and have loaded stuff.. Ipod plug in, Fix Board racks, Mirror, Cover boat, bimini top, etc.. Manual Wedge too

Looks like you might have found a boat, congrats! Let me know if you end up needing anything since you are in the area.

-Paul

but i feel bad.. that i wont able buy off from bakes (matt) he and i talked few times.. but end to not buy but I would come in and buy some Ballast.. LaunchPad or Fat Sac or Sumo.. 750 or 800 to fit in rear comparts..

me and guy talked all day today on Text message on cell. and im going see boat on saturday.. :)

Good choice Hana. What engine is in that boat? Good luck and post pics.

Moonson 350v8 340hp.. not hammerhead 383 v8 400hp..

Im glad that they are Chevy Engine :) lol Im pretty chevy guy

but i feel bad.. that i wont able buy off from bakes (matt) he and i talked few times.. but end to not buy but I would come in and buy some Ballast.. LaunchPad or Fat Sac or Sumo.. 750 or 800 to fit in rear comparts..

me and guy talked all day today on Text message on cell. and im going see boat on saturday.. :)

Not to worry - Bakes has the best selection of parts/accessories for your Malibu.

I'm sure the 'Crew won't have any problems helping you spend your money there... Whistling.gif

yeah.. Ill buy some Ballast Sac.. Like Fly High 2 of 750lb.. and Tumsmi pump.... and maybe light..

and Decal for my truck too..

OH BY WAY!!! im about buy new tires for my truck.. Can i use Mud Tires like BF Goodrich Mud terrian... or something.. it wont affect anything while i tow Bu or Trailer? or should i buy All terrian tires???

yeah.. Ill buy some Ballast Sac.. Like Fly High 2 of 750lb.. and Tumsmi pump.... and maybe light..

and Decal for my truck too..

OH BY WAY!!! im about buy new tires for my truck.. Can i use Mud Tires like BF Goodrich Mud terrian... or something.. it wont affect anything while i tow Bu or Trailer? or should i buy All terrian tires???

Unless you have some sort of towing protector for the boat mud terrain tires pepper the boat with rocks. Been there done that and I'll never go back. If you have a towing protector/guard/shield for the boat it won't matter.

oh yeah.. but im not gonna Lift.. just 2 inch lift. and use 285/70/16 tires on it. and i think it should be fine. or im leave stock height..

I really like Muds tires i heard they are awesome on towing and funs at offroad n muddy

Edited by Hanahawaiian

oh yeah.. but im not gonna Lift.. just 2 inch lift. and use 285/70/16 tires on it. and i think it should be fine. or im leave stock height..

I really like Muds tires i heard they are awesome on towing and funs at offroad n muddy

Check out the back of my truck in this picture. It's called a TowTector. There are other products as well that do the same thing.

july4th041.jpg

that bad a** truck... My truck 95 Chevy with 350ci v8 only 82000 miles engine n body.. all is grandpa care.. it good deal for i bought $4k... it have better transmission, Heavy duty tow package, Z71 off road package.. 3.73 gear.. im think about put mud tires, 2 inch lift Key n block, and fix some ding n paint it (snice im collision tech).... hmm..

Check out the back of my truck in this picture. It's called a TowTector. There are other products as well that do the same thing.

july4th041.jpg

I have those exact wheels on my dodge. My dodge is grey instead of silver. You have great taste and a sharp truck. What kind of tires are those. I have a set of Nitto's on mine and have been very happy with them.

july4th041.jpg

Oh the mega..... Joy-gasm... Biggrin.gif

Paul

Just out of curiosity you said you have a Chevy 1500 in blue, but the picture of your truck is a Silver Dodge Ram. Also, it seemed like you were getting a 2007 VLX, it looks like a 2009 VLX in the picture to me.

Am I missing something?

That pic is of 06VLX's boat and rig..... ;)

Hahaha so yes I am missing something. I was wondering why he was considering a used boat when it looked like he had purchased a boat and truck all on the same day.

I just saw on Saturday, http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/1583184270.html

i met owner.. he is young guy maybe 30s. and he is cool. but price is high for Blue book is about 38k and i offer him 40k snice boat have alot scratches and few Chrome rusted, Interior faded, and trailer rust some spots.. but boat look good.. but i would say 6 out of 10...

and what you think of

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2005-MALIBU-230-Sunscape-LSV-96113176

it have everything.., MLS ballast, Perfect pass, Wedge manual... etc.. but what diffrent between Wakesetter...

Also my 2 buddies work at Lynnwood complex motoplex.. they say will give me discount...

I just Email Matt @ Bakes for help and look for VLX 04-08 good price and something it wont break my Budget.

Or i guess i have go Supra Launch SSV or Sunsport with exactly like Launch package... for cheaper

Edited by Hanahawaiian

Just out of curiosity you said you have a Chevy 1500 in blue, but the picture of your truck is a Silver Dodge Ram. Also, it seemed like you were getting a 2007 VLX, it looks like a 2009 VLX in the picture to me.

Am I missing something?

LOL that one is chevy is mine..

Other member we talk about MUD tires.., he post up his MEGA Ram and his 06 VLX he had all Muds tires on it

Edited by Hanahawaiian

Depending on what you plan on doing with this boat I would not recommend the 340hp Monsoon in a 23' boat. I have it in my 21' vride and it does fine but couldn't imagine it performing well in something 2' longer and 1000lbs heavier. I would look for a Hammerhead, and make sure the owner had no previous issues with the motor.

That One sold about 2 months ago. lol Already called on it. I love our 04 Wakesetter, for what we paid! If you got the money to upgrade to the Power Wedge and digital dash. I would go for an 06 or newer!

And the 340hp Monsoon has PLENTY of poop pushing the 23 LSV. I was very impressed with how it came out of the hole with empty tanks and fully loaded tanks with the wedge down. Don't see why you would need the hammerhead but. Personal Preference I guess.

Edited by A7X_LSV_23

LOL that one is chevy is mine..

Other member we talk about MUD tires.., he post up his MEGA Ram and his 06 VLX he had all Muds tires on it

It's an 09 23 LSV get it right :lol: .

Anyways Bakes has an offsite 2006 VLX freakin loaded, one of the nicest VLX's I've ever seen for sale. It's got every single option you can think of, literally. It's all black with some white on it, so it will be some work to keep it up but it's worth it. Only 47 hours on this boat.

http://www.bakesmarine.com/2020Datashed/listings.asp?strPageSize=1&strCurrentPage=4&categoryID_list=14