Welcome to TheMalibuCrew.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hanahawaiian

AXIS A22 or Wakesetter VLX

56 posts in this topic

Im debates...

I would like use for most Wakeboard and Wakesurfing..

I dont know much of Axis A22 can do wakesurfing.. but i know Axis is same Malibu maker in same factory.. what about Ballast fit in Rear comparts like 750 Fat sacs.. I know Axis have Perfect pass and Full Ballast.. but need add Option for Manaul Wedge or Power Wedge..

I really about look spend $45k or something less and im no in rush.. im just want find good stuff.

Im think about Used 05-08 VLX with X tower... Or buy New Axis they are about 39K MSRP

Thanks!

Chris

:unsure:Dontknow.gif

Edit: open mouth and insert foot, my apologisies sir.

Edited by Ndawg12

wow, with that grammar and spelling you might want to consider spending the money to get an education instead.

<post deleted>

reason: internet jerk syndrome :Doh:

Edited by k_b_stephens

I want whatever he's having..... Beer.gif

Give him a break he's from Hawaii, probably way back in the palm trees too..... Biggrin.gif .

Im debates...

I dont know much of Axis A22 can do wakesurfing.. but i know Axis is same Malibu maker in same factory.. what about Ballast fit in Rear comparts like 750 Fat sacs.. I know Axis have Perfect pass and Full Ballast.. but need add Option for Manaul Wedge or Power Wedge..

I really about look spend $45k or something less and im no in rush.. im just want find good stuff.

Im think about Used 05-08 VLX with X tower... Or buy New Axis they are about 39K MSRP

Thanks!

Chris

I don't have any experience with the axis boat but the vlx is sweet. The wake is really nice for wakeboarding but I have never surfed behind one. The vlx has been around for a while and is proven. If they are close in price I would go with the vlx. Just my opinion

Edited by pablo

Sheesh, doesn't anyone have a straight answer for the guy? Common you guys know what he is asking....

I would drive and ride behind them both and make your decision. Take extra weight if you have it so you can surf and play around with placement. Spend some time on the boat. Take friends, wife etc. to get opinions.

My gut says VLX but I am not you and I have not spent 1 second in an AXIS. Bottom line it is a personal thing.

Edited by ruffdawg

My dealer let me take out an A22 several times last summer. For the money, I was really impressed with the boat and the way it drove. My son had good things to say about the wake. Stock and weighed down. If you are wanting new I don't think you could go wrong with the A22. But, I have owned 5 Malibu's and the VLX is our favorite.

Edited by larrys

I would say go with an '08 VLX if you can find one with the options you want and in your price range.

If not, I bet the new-boat-smell of a brand new Axis would be pretty appealing Thumbup.gif

wow, with that grammar and spelling you might want to consider spending the money to get an education instead.

Sounds like a bit of translation going on, Give them a break. Or type your responce in another language with proper grammer.

If you like yellow Larrys boat looks pretty sweet. Talk about mint condition, looks like you could eat food of of the tires!

Im debates...

Thanks!

Chris

suggest a pre owned 247. you should be able to get one with low hours and a power wedge. best surf wake and best wakeboard wake on the water.

Personally for the same price you can do a Malibu 21.5 V-Ride than a Axis.

We've had them both and sold them both, the Axis was not received well in the market, mainly because of looks (too trendy) and price (similar to a ride).

Good luck with your decision!

-Paul

Sorry Guys... LOL.. Well Im deaf.. I get mixed up with ASL (american sign Language) and English Grammars.. Sorry for give all hard time :(

I really dont like Yellow that much... i have Chevy 1500 4x4 truck but it Blue.. i think it much better to go Blue, white, black or something.. maybe red Lol

247 and 237 is HUGE.. but i dont want Drag too much weight on my truck.. lol.. im not sure about. i know my truck Gear is 3.73, v8 350ci, 1500 4x4, hitch system say max load 6000lbs

Sorry Guys... LOL.. Well Im deaf.. I get mixed up with ASL (american sign Language) and English Grammars.. Sorry for give all hard time :(

I really dont like Yellow that much... i have Chevy 1500 4x4 truck but it Blue.. i think it much better to go Blue, white, black or something.. maybe red Lol

Well don't I feel like a giant douch faucet, sorry man.

I think i found a beauty 07 Wakesetter VLX im going meet guy on weekend..

it have 170 hours i think it low.. and have loaded stuff.. Ipod plug in, Fix Board racks, Mirror, Cover boat, bimini top, etc.. Manual Wedge too

Edited by Hanahawaiian

I dont know anything about the Axis. But, if you cant test drive them, and reviews etc seem 50/50 go with your gut. I bought a Malibu Response without ever having stepped foot in any tournament ski boats. I never looked back.

it have 170 hours i think it low.. and have loaded stuff.. Ipod plug in, Fix Board racks, Mirror, Cover boat, bimini top, etc.. Manual Wedge too

In my opinion 170 hours is very low. Dont make your purchase based on a CD player and a cover though - although those are nice things to have they are fairly cheap to add on yourself.

In my opinion 170 hours is very low. Dont make your purchase based on a CD player and a cover though - although those are nice things to have they are fairly cheap to add on yourself.

yeah.. Im going check out on saturday and inspecting.. I used have other boat. but i sold.. but i want something new.. i really like Malibu that most.. and 2nd choose is Supra launch SSV

I have not been in an Axis on the water, I hear the wake is pretty good. I have looked at the Axis pretty close in the showroom and for the money they are pretty good, but if you compare the materials and design to the BU Ride (which is almost the same price)the BU kicks it's butt. Thumbup.gif And the VLX isn't even close, I would do the VLX in a heart beat. I may be a little bias though, I have two BU's and one is a 09 VLX. Dontknow.gif

Just my 2 cents.

Terry

look like ill get Bu VLX... i really dig them than A22 Axis..

Give us an update/pics after you check it out. 170 hours is barely broke in.