Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil Filter - cross reference of part numbers

I always change the motor oil and oil filter on my Malibu Sunsetter LXI myself. It seems like every year that I go to buy the new oil filter, the brands have changed and I have to figure out which part number is correct for my engine. Does anyone know where there is a cross reference of oil filter part numbers across brands? The marine stores seem to carry Sierra, Aqua Power Quicksilver. They also carry short and long filters.

Also, is there any advantage to a "marine" oil filter versus a regular oil filter (Fram, K&N, Napa, etc.)?

Thanks for the help!

By the way... I have a Monsoon 350.

I always change the motor oil and oil filter on my Malibu Sunsetter LXI myself. It seems like every year that I go to buy the new oil filter, the brands have changed and I have to figure out which part number is correct for my engine. Does anyone know where there is a cross reference of oil filter part numbers across brands? The marine stores seem to carry Sierra, Aqua Power Quicksilver. They also carry short and long filters.

Also, is there any advantage to a "marine" oil filter versus a regular oil filter (Fram, K&N, Napa, etc.)?

Thanks for the help!

By the way... I have a Monsoon 350.

I'm pretty sure that your best bet is an auto parts store. There is no advantage to a "marine" oil filter.

FWIW, my engine (2006 320 LCR) calls for a Pennzoil PZ3 oil filter. This cross-references to STP S8873

and to Mobil M1-111 oil filters. The Mobil is, I'm told, a better filter, although it does cost a few bucks

more.

Some months ago, I provided a link comparing several brands of oil filters. Pennzoil oil filters are made by Fram, and are one of the cheapest oil filters on the market for a reason. I am sure Malibu crew still has it if you do a search.

Napa/Wix makes quality filters, if you have a NAPA close by. The part # is 1069.

Pistol Pete had a list of oil filter part numbers on here a few months back. I would buy your filters from an auto parts store and don't get the cheapest. There is a big difference in quality from cheapest to mid price filters.

BTW, Purolator p/n is 20049 for their regular filter and PL20049 for the Pure One filter.