Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Extreme Trailer Oil Bath Bearing Hubs

Does anyone know what type / weight etc. oil goes in the Extreme Trailer Oil Bath Bearing Hubs and how often they should be replaced?

Does anyone know what type / weight etc. oil goes in the Extreme Trailer Oil Bath Bearing Hubs and how often they should be replaced?

It's a hybrid blend oil they use. I'd call them up and have them send you some.

Has anyone ever do this?

They told be to drive them until the break LOL....

It's not hybrid oil, LOL off the top of my head I belive it's straight 50wt oil. It says in the manual that should have came with the trailer. I can look at the manual when I get home.

straight 50wt. You can get it at any auto parts store. I have an '05 trailer and changed the oil last year, only because two of the servicing port screws backed out and started leaking oil.

If you decide to change the oil I found the best thing to pour the oil into the bearing hub is a mustard squeeze bottle.

Oh, and don't forget to put some lock-tite on the servicing port screws so they don't back out.

post-368-1248838928.gif

Edited by woody

Has anyone ever do this?

Plus1.gif I have an Extreme trailer and in fine print on the hubs it says "No Maintenance Required" I guess I'll drive it til it breaks.

It's not hybrid oil, LOL off the top of my head I belive it's straight 50wt oil. It says in the manual that should have came with the trailer. I can look at the manual when I get home.

As much as you probably really think you know what you're talking about straight 50w is not what they put in them when they send them out from the factory. I just so happen to have a quart of this stuff in my garage they sent me when I replaced the bearing seals. It's not straight 50w oil and it's a bluish color. It says on the bottle it's a blend of several oils and has a water repelling addative. They called it a Hybrid 50w oil on the phone when they sent it to me. The straight 50w is a second alternative to their blend.

IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

Edited by 06vlx

Has anyone ever do this?

Plus1.gif I have an Extreme trailer and in fine print on the hubs it says "No Maintenance Required" I guess I'll drive it til it breaks.

You have the new style Vault hubs they came up with. The hubs the OP has are different.