Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

1994 Euro F3 201 Sunsetter Open Bow

When I bought the boat the plate by the throttle that I think indicates max weight or people was rubbed off. Does anyone have this boat and know the limits? I am running 800lbs lead ballast.

Thanks

AF1

Dontknow.gif

When I bought the boat the plate by the throttle that I think indicates max weight or people was rubbed off. Does anyone have this boat and know the limits? I am running 800lbs lead ballast.

Thanks

AF1

Dontknow.gif

I just sold my 92 Euro. I don't remember the weight, but I think it was rated at 8 people.

You can check out the hull spec's available at the Resources/DIY link above... it is listed at 8 people.

Very helpful. Thanks. I am assuming the weight is the weight of the boat not max weight capacity? Just 8 people max?

AF1

I think it was weight capacity. If you are running 800 lbs you may be pushing it with 4 - 6 people. Let me see what I can't find.

I found an article, in a 94 waterski magazine, yes I am at home and I do have them, about family inboards. And it states 8 people, but Malibu are the only boats without a weight limit stated. To compare to something similiar size and person capacity. They range from 1100 to 1300. But the article does state seat capacity, weight total weight limit.

Sorry I don't have anything more conclusive

Edited by bretski75

While not exact, the weight limit is typically the person capacity X 150. On my current boat it's right at 150. On my previous boat (Bryant I/O) with 8 person capacity limit, it was just under 140 per person (1105 lbs).

I've got a 1991 skier, and its rated at 6 people, and i can check the weight when i get home. About half of my sticker is worn off too.

I think it was weight capacity. If you are running 800 lbs you may be pushing it with 4 - 6 people. Let me see what I can't find.

I found an article, in a 94 waterski magazine, yes I am at home and I do have them, about family inboards. And it states 8 people, but Malibu are the only boats without a weight limit stated. To compare to something similiar size and person capacity. They range from 1100 to 1300. But the article does state seat capacity, weight total weight limit.

Sorry I don't have anything more conclusive

Thanks for the info, we usually have 2 adults, 1 - 15 year old, 2 - 11 year olds, 1 - 9 year old and 1 - 5 year old (7 Total). WOW, that's alot of kids! Anyhow, being that the majority of my passengers are far less than 150lbs I feel comfortable running the 800lbs ballast and still being legal. Just want to make sure the Texas Parks and Wildlife don't get me for over weight or too many people! $$$$$$

Thanks again,

AF1

I've got a 1991 skier, and its rated at 6 people, and i can check the weight when i get home. About half of my sticker is worn off too.

If you don't mind let me know what it says.

We need to make it a point to meet one weekend this year! We started our season last weekend. Water was a little cold, but with a shorty all the kids were in the water boarding.

AF1

John