Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heated seat install--->

Tracktor

I didn't say off the ignition switch I said "switched from the ignition". I used a relay but could've been more clear. Of course it was breakered I didn't think I'd need to mention every little detail?. I wouldn't run it off of a main source as they aren't switched and could easily be left on accidently. The breaker Malibu has for the heater & acc is power full time which isn't a good idea, imo. Secondly, these don't pull 30-30 amps. I will look up the useage but the fuse is only a 7 amp.

So does your heated seat run every time the key is on? I'm just trying to understand how you wired it in, how you first described it sounded very un-safe, that's why i said something. Typical post out of context, sorry! I would rather have control at the dash and have a toggle switch light to tell me it's on or off. You were right on the amperage load, it's less than 10 amps. It was the power seat option i was thinking of.

-Paul

??? They are switched hence the picture of the switch in the seat base. The power for the switch is off of a relay activated by the ignition. That way, they are off when the ignition is off no matter what but aren't pulling power from the ignition switch.

Are those the carbon fiber heat panels? That would be my next choice but for $50/kit I figured these were worth a try.

Cervelo, I am installing a passenger heater next. I would be sweet to have all the seats heated but a pain to get all the wiring right.