Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

wake surf setup help

johnnylogo

Hi I have a 07 vride w/wedge and front and rear tanks. The wake is't big enough for the 200 lb rider to let go of the rope.

Speed and how much weight needed and also placement

thanks

Hi I have a 07 vride w/wedge and front and rear tanks. The wake is't big enough for the 200 lb rider to let go of the rope.

thanks

I bet your board is too small.

It won't be great with that ballast, but should be surfable.

Fill front ballast, rear surf side ballast, drop wedge, then get another 400 lbs each or so in the surf side locker and surf side bow. That should get you started.

I have an 07 vRide and last year before I replaced the rear hard tanks with 750's, I filled the stock surf side rear tank, the midship tank, put a tube sac under the seats on the left side, and had everyone sit on the left side and was able to surf ropeless. If I had more than 3 passengers, I would put one in the bow.

Hey Johnnylogo,

For goofy surfers we put a 750 as full as we can next to the stock tanks. Then usually another partial full 400 sac on top of that (just barely can close the locker). then another 400 on the seat above the ice chest, or in the ice chest directly. Wedge down. Nice long wake...

IMG_2057.jpg

IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

For regular surfers -- we aren't able to get quite as long of wake but still pretty good. We don't do it that much on the port side so had to find an oooold pic....

IMGA0013.jpg

NOTE: I have to fix my bow tank, as it seems to AUTO-DRAIN. Cry.gif Was surfing last weekend and kept noticing that I had to put 3 of the 9 people in the bow to get it right...VERY unusual. But was so focused on driving the boat in reasonable lake-chop that it never occurred that I top off the bow tank or check it. At the end of the day I went to drain everything and in about 20 secs, the bow was sucking air. Going to put a one way inline valve on the bow FILL line. I did the same on the rear 750s last year.

Also noted that I was having to run 800 rpm more to pull 10.8-11 mph on the port side vs starboard side. Guess it has something to do with the prop rotation as my wake ALWAYS looks cleaner on the starboard side loaded.

Just something to think about.

Edited by WaveMake'nLSV
Smed, you get that long of a wave with no bow ballast? Wow!

Yeah -- I think that day we had the sacs as I mentioned all along one side and only 2 people in the boat. Nothing in the bow that I recall...

thanks

I have a 2005 Vride My set up is 500 mid(MLS), 500 in rear locker, 500 onseat behind driver on top of cooler, 500 in the nose on surfside, wedge down. Darkside is good ,but my port side is awesome. The wake is clean and the top flows over to the other side forming a large clean lip, Kind of like the Enzo's just not as long or tall. Which ever speed cleans up the wake on either side 10 11.5 is the ballpark, but don't look at that watch the wake that will tell you. Everyone's speedo's could be different. I found another improvement is to have 1 or 2 people sit on gunnel, 1 infront and1 in back of tower, and lean out . Helps the boat to list to the surfside. Helps clean up the wake. Pics. and Vids. here. SplineWakesurfing