Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Official Boat/Tower Height Thread

skicrave

oh Yah I didn't unscrew the two bolts and drop the front tower even further into the boat and then measure (I should have).  I will be doing this which is why I bought a "Speakon connector" quick disconnect for the speaker wires from tower to boat.  I actually plan on removing the entire tower over the winter until I modify the header of my garage in the spring.  Local garage door company wants $1,500 for a new 8' door and motor installed.  Modify the header I think is about $1K.  My Boatmate trailer is at it's lowest on torsion at this point so I better not doink with that.

Trying to find the height of a 2016 Malibu Wakesetter 22 VLX sitting on the trailer with the Illusion 3.2 Tower down. The trailer has 14" rims and the standard trailer (not sure of make) for the 2016 year. Does anyone know this measurement?  

13 hours ago, barrelroll said:

Trying to find the height of a 2016 Malibu Wakesetter 22 VLX sitting on the trailer with the Illusion 3.2 Tower down. The trailer has 14" rims and the standard trailer (not sure of make) for the 2016 year. Does anyone know this measurement?  

Check the boat builder specs, I think they are pretty accurate especially now that all the boat trailers are from Malibu and same specs.

12 hours ago, Fman said:

Check the boat builder specs, I think they are pretty accurate especially now that all the boat trailers are from Malibu and same specs.

When you say "boat builder specs" are you referring to Malibu?  I have looked on every page of the malibuboats.com website, looked at their 2016 catalog and still can't find any numbers for height on trailer with tower down. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:37 PM, SonicVLX said:

Well, I found out the hard way that a 2017 21' VLX won't fit in a garage that is 6'11" with the tower folded and the tires completely flat!!!  

what trailer do you have and how many axles?

• 4 weeks later...

First post!! My dealer sent me a list of all the heights on and off the trailers. It's from Malibu. I'm hoping it's right! This is for 2017 MY. This should answer a TON of questions posted here if I can figure out how to post a picture. Why can't you post from your mobile device like other forums? Ugh. Stay tuned! 

I've searched the new Malibu site and cannot find the trailer specs. If someone can find them now could they cut/paste the link please. 

I have a 2014 23LSV and will soon put it on a 2016 Malibu OEM (not Boatmate for Malibu) trailer. Though I'm not sure there is any difference.

My garage is a tight squeeze looking at this thread. I will need to drop the tower to get it through the 8ft door for sure, but maybe I will be lucky enough to put the tower back up when inside. If I drop the swim platform, and swing the trailer tongue, can I get it inside 24ft?

Thanks

• 3 months later...

I'm looking for the the height from the water line to the top of the tower (tower light) I have a bridge clearance issue and I'm hoping not to have to fold the tower every time. I'm guessing it to about 6.5' to 7.5'.  (bridge is 8.5') I've looked everywhere and can't find this info! Thanks

'18 Axis T22

Edited by Wavemaker
added bridge height
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:20 AM, thebill said:

so are we referring to the dorsey trailer when we say Extreme? around here the Dorsey came with nearly all the malibus..

Dorsey and Extreme are two different MFGs

• 2 months later...

if you pay to support the site, you can upload photos.  Otherwise, you would need to find a picture hosting site and use the link button to map it to your online picture.  My two cents, I support this site because I have learned or received help from so many that could have been worth thousands if I was to take my boat to a dealer to figure out. :)

• 1 month later...

I don't think this is listed.  2018 LSV, dual axle boatmate trailer with stock wheels, G3 tower up, 10' 7" (+1"/-3" Basing this off visual from an 11' door with full height clearance)

Edited by ajive
On 7/24/2018 at 8:49 PM, ajive said:

I don't think this is listed.  2018 LSV, dual axle boatmate trailer with stock wheels, G3 tower up, 10' 7" (+1"/-3" Basing this off visual from an 11' door with full height clearance)

I have an 18 LSV with G3.5 tower on Malibu tandem 14” stock wheels and tires. I have a 10’9” door and have more than 2” clearance. I’m guessing it is about 10’5”. Will get accurate measure soon. 

On 6/15/2018 at 6:31 AM, firefed22 said:

How the heck do I post a photo? I want to show my tower and see if someone can tell me what the make is, to assist in parts search...

Thanks,

Brian

Hi Brian,  I have had success using the following website to host images https://postimg.cc

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2018 at 5:20 AM, dalt1 said:

I have an 18 LSV with G3.5 tower on Malibu tandem 14” stock wheels and tires. I have a 10’9” door and have more than 2” clearance. I’m guessing it is about 10’5”. Will get accurate measure soon. 

My 2018 LSV on Malibu trailer with G3.5 tower, stock 14'' wheels and tires is 10'2" from top of the light to ground.

Edited by dalt1
On 7/24/2018 at 8:49 PM, ajive said:

Shouldn't that be a Malibu trailer?

• 9 months later...

I am curious to know if a 2016 VTX on the standard Malibu tandem trailer with 14" wheels and the G3.2 tower can fit through a standard 7' garage door.

30 minutes ago, jd4440 said:

I am curious to know if a 2016 VTX on the standard Malibu tandem trailer with 14" wheels and the G3.2 tower can fit through a standard 7' garage door.

This is for a 2019... so not sure if that helps (is it the same hull as a 2016?)  And this is (the 3.5 tower) This shows 88.5 inches which would not clear a 7" door.  

traL.thumb.JPG.c0867a64e0d48f7155cbcc5bd1e77dfe.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

so I am about to build a garage  and am trying to determine the garage height. will  10'6"  ceiling height accommodate a new a24 t23 or 23lsv? ( tower up?)  I know it will fit my t22 but I figured to build for a future upgrade :)

4 minutes ago, smuurph84 said:

so I am about to build a garage  and am trying to determine the garage height. will  10'6"  ceiling height accommodate a new a24 t23 or 23lsv? ( tower up?)  I know it will fit my t22 but I figured to build for a future upgrade :)

There's a couple measurements in the posts above for a 2018/2019 23 LSV, on both 14" and 18' wheels. You'll need to be able to clear the door too, so add for that if you want everything done with tower up.

Every generation grows a couple inches too, if you're going to be upgrading out past the current lineup.

So this keeps coming up and I decided to go measure. I set a laser level on the storage compartment behind the driver seat and measured up to the top of the light. 53”. Then I measured to the ground. 75 1/2”. So 

2019 25LSV sitting on triple 18’s. 128 1/2” or 10’8 1/2” to the top of the light.  This is sitting on the jack stand so it will come down a little, very little  

A 12’ garage ceiling height would probably just fit this boat with the tower up, as it needs at least an 11’ door to be comfortable. If there was any way possible, I would probably just bump it up to a 14’ door opening 16’ ceiling. Then it could also accommodate an RV. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking for 2017 22MXZ folded tower height....14" rims, G35 tower, PTM racks. Trying to get under 8' garage door. Hopefully I haven't missed it already posted somewhere.