Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Official Boat/Tower Height Thread

skicrave

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone happen to know if a 2011 23' LSV with a Sport Boat trailer will fit through a 10' door with the tower up? It looks as though it's going to be close...

I have the same exact question as tommytg except we have the 2012 23 LSV on the boatmate trailer and are hoping it will be able to fit through a 10 ft door with the tower up. We are building a new garage for it and don't want to mess this up haha. I know its close but we really don't want to have to go to 11 ft. I know it will fit through a 10 ft I am just worried that the door might hang a couple inches lower than the frame of the garage? What do you guys think?

Brent

• 2 weeks later...

Brent, I'll be visiting my storage unit some time in the next few weeks, and will get the measurements. it looks really close, just worried about the tower light touching. I'll also measure the door to see if it's the full 10 feet at the opening.

• 2 weeks later...

Brent, I'll be visiting my storage unit some time in the next few weeks, and will get the measurements. it looks really close, just worried about the tower light touching. I'll also measure the door to see if it's the full 10 feet at the opening.

I would really appreciate that! Thanks Tommy

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know the height of the Illusion G3 tower on a 2012 Wakesetter VTX from the waterline (with the boat unloaded). I need this information to modify my existing boat lift with canopy cover in order to accomodate driving under the canopy with the tower up. Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

• 6 months later...

How about some info/measurements from waterline to tower height up and down for those of us interested in boat house clearance, canopy clearance, bridge clearance!!??

I have bridge at the outlet of the Lake that concerns me. Measured last weekend and it was just under 7' water to bridge. If you guys are getting into 7' doors on the trailer I should be fine except in the spring during higher water. Wonder what the minium necessary clearance needed is from waterline to clear the tower??

• 1 month later...

2006 Malibu Wakesetter VLX, Illusion Tower, Boatmate trailer, tower down = Clear 85" garage door opening

This is a standard 7 foot tall garage door. There is a little catch to how I was able to make this happen, here is what I had to do.

Removed a 12" wide section of trim where the tower ball passes through the opening (then painted the area, cant even tell unless your looking for it). My truck is a Silverado SS and I use my drop hitch (4.5" drop I believe). When I first tried this I backed to the boat into the space and aired down the tires until it cleared, which it cleared once I dropped them down to 35psi. Of course this truck/trailer set up isnt ideal, but I tow a very short distance so I am not very concerned. For longer trips I used my regular hitch and air the tire back up.

Hopefully this helps someone, everything I read made me believe this would be impossible for my garage height (I havent read every post in this thread, dont be offended if you've already posted similar results)

• 2 months later...

So I just had to get my boat into our new garage with 6'11" door height.

2009 VLX

Boatmate Trailer with 18" low profile tires

Had to remove the bimini, hoop, and swivel board racks

Boat height was 6'10.75". The angle of the driveway also helped. Going to have to raise the garage door as I don't want to add 30 minutes of garage time for every trip to the lake. I would imagine if I had lowered the tongue with a car jack, I could have saved another 1" or so.

• 1 year later...

2008 Vride, DHM Trailer, Illusion Tower:

Tower height on trailer when tower up: 104 inches

Tower height collapsed (minimum garage door height): 82 inches

Minimum garage door width: 104 inches

Minimum garage depth (with swim platform removed, wedge down and break away trailer tongue: 22 feet

See if I can explain this next part right:

Minimum boat lift clearance from top of bunk arm to bottom of prop : 18.5 inches.

Note this is measured from center of bunk arm, since it's angled to fit hull.

My bunk arms are also 41" apart, which is just inside the outer most chines on the hull.

How sure are you about the height of boat on trailer with tower collapsed? I am about to buy a 08 vride with illusion tower and my garage is 7ft high, the seller is 4 hours away and says is measure 7ft 8 in. I don't want to buy it get home and realize it doesn't fit.

How sure are you about the height of boat on trailer with tower collapsed? I am about to buy a 08 vride with illusion tower and my garage is 7ft high, the seller is 4 hours away and says is measure 7ft 8 in. I don't want to buy it get home and realize it doesn't fit.

For my trailer, 100%.

The ball on the tower was a bit below the weather strip on my garage door. I measured that from in the boat half pulled into the garage. Then I measured ground to weather strip and subtracted the bit. I put the boat in 2 different houses with 7' garages.

What type of trailer do you have it on? I am not sure what comes stock with this boat. I think the seller I am getting it from has it on the stock one.

It was a DHM trailer. As far as I know, it's stock as vrides came with a trailer included. Not sure if dealers chose the trailer brand.

• 6 months later...

Not sure if this topic is updated any more but thought I would share my boat. 2006 sunsetter with an illusion x tower and z5 storage rack and boatmate trailer. Everything up it is 10' 2". Leave z5 on and fold down and it is 9'6". I have 10' door for winter storage so I'm happy.

Edited by Bigstic
  • 3 months later...

I'm new to the Malibu world... Have a 2001 Sunsetter/Sunkicker model with the Skylon Tuna tower. On a 2015 Boatmate dual axle trailer (original trailer for Moomba Mojo, actually). My questions: 1) Is the tuna tower foldable? 2) How high is the boat/tower with the tower up? Thanks for any help you can offer!

ANSWERS: On my trailer (BoatMate for Moomba Mojo 23):

#1) Folded down: 9' height (FYI: the legs lay on side windshield, and will rub a hole

in your cover if not protected)

#2) Height w/tower up is 10' 5" to top of post

Edited by dwlaker

This being an older thread, can some of you with newer boats help update the OP? I am especially interested in the 2015 and newer VLX tower up height to Top of ball or light whatever is highest. Will it go in a 10 ft tall garage door tower up?

Wow, It is interesting how difficult it is to come up with this information. I guess most don't have a need for it so don't search it out. Also it is somewhat difficult to get an accurate measurement to the top of the light, tower up. To get mine, I measured my boat in garage from Boat floor to ceiling, then raised tower outside and measured boat floor to top of light. Garage floor to Ceiling is 8'0", so if I add the difference from first 2 measurements to the 8', that gives me an accurate measure.

How does the Crew come up with this measurement?

PS still needing accurate measure for 2015 or newer 22VLX.

I'm new to the Malibu world... Have a 2001 Sunsetter/Sunkicker model with the Skylon Tuna tower. On a 2015 Boatmate dual axle trailer (original trailer for Moomba Mobius, actually). Need to make plans for getting it into garage, or set up a carport for it. Don't have access to measure before picking it up this weekend, and didn't find measurements here. My questions: 1) Is the tuna tower foldable? 2) How high is the boat/tower with the tower up? Thanks for any help you can offer!

I have a 2000 sunsetter LXI with the tuna Skylon tower on a dual axle EZ Loader trailer. To the top of the wakeboard pylon on the tower it's about 9'3" if memory serves me well. I haven't folded it yet but the guy I bought it from says it doesn't buy you anything b/c the legs are so far apart, when you fold it, the swung legs are really high. Better off removing tower.

Thanks Indebound. I'm not sure how accurate is the 10'5" measurement my mechanic gave me, but on this trailer it's REALLY tall!

Someone in another post had mentioned a way of placing the tower legs into the boat to lower the height, but I haven't tried either option as of yet.

Edited by dwlaker
  • 1 month later...

I have a former boss that bought a boat and when he brought it home, he found out it was too tall to fit into his garage - talk about an oh-crap moment.  So with that in mind and the fact that I have a 7ft garage door, I was rather paranoid that I was going to buy a boat and it wouldn't fit.  This particular forum/topic was very helpful as I researched my boat options, so I thought i would post my boat measurements for others to benefit from.  

I have a 2014 VTX on an Eagle single axle trailer with 15" rims. The height from the garage floor to the header is exactly 83" and the measurement to the bottom of the weather stripping is just a touch over 82".  You can see from the image below (its actually a video if you click on it) that the VTX just barely clears the opening - and this is with the tow hoop and board racks removed.

th_IMG_8010_zpsy0g29t6a.mp4

Edited by sounddude03
  • Like 3
  • 8 months later...

2016 23 LSV on a trailer.  Malibu says 7' 11" ... is that with the bimini and racks or just the tow hoop? If not, does anyone know the height with these installed?  Building a garage and don't really want 10' doors b/c of aesthetics.  I have a lift at the house so the boat would rarely go in the garage.  Going with 10.5' ceilings inside so I can put the tower back up once inside.  I just don't want to remove the bimini.  Racks I don't care about since I remove those all the time.  TIA....

Edited by pauley71
  • 4 months later...

What is the height of the 2016 Malbu 25 LSV with tower folded, but with tow hoop and racks?

From the malibu website here:http://www.malibuboats.com/boats/wakesetter/25lsv/trailer-specs.html

For a 2016 25 LSV, 

Height on trailer tower folded, no tow hoop, no racks: 7'-5" / 2.29m

It would be nice if I didn't have to remove the tow hoop and racks to fit in a storage unit with a height of 7' 10 1/2".

Does anyone know this answer?

• 2 months later...

Collapsed height on a 08 Wakesetter VLX Titan III with a boatmate trailer is 7'4".  I will say this, it looks like someone may have adjusted the torsions on my boatmate trailer before I picked it up last weekend.  Wheels/tires on Boatmate are 265R14 Carlisle Radial D

Boatmate states that they should all come 4" of clearance from top of tire to bottom inside of fender.  I measured mine and I only have 2".  It appears it has never rubbed historically so I should be good.  I even thought about dropping once more notch on the torsion.  BTW, each notch =6 degrees or 3/4" according to boatmate.

Edited by hawaiianstyln
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2017 at 0:07 PM, hawaiianstyln said:

Collapsed height on a 08 Wakesetter VLX Titan III with a boatmate trailer is 7'4".  I will say this, it looks like someone may have adjusted the torsions on my boatmate trailer before I picked it up last weekend.  Wheels/tires on Boatmate are 265R14 Carlisle Radial D

Boatmate states that they should all come 4" of clearance from top of tire to bottom inside of fender.  I measured mine and I only have 2".  It appears it has never rubbed historically so I should be good.  I even thought about dropping once more notch on the torsion.  BTW, each notch =6 degrees or 3/4" according to boatmate.

Is that with front hoop unbolted from front mounts too?

Remove tow pylon to drop rear bar behind rear seat back and gain a few more inches. Or should I say lose?

se?DSC01817.jpgDSC01816-1.jpg

Edited by dalt1