Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

MOVING A TRAILER SIDEWAYS

wakesettin_05

Just make sure to use PAM or they end up sticking... :)

PAM who? Dontknow.gif

I tried the $20 dollies from HFT. The casters/dollies are made in China so the quality isn't the best. With the weight of my Sunsetter on it, when I tried turn the trailer in the garage, some of the caster wheels would rub on the caster swivel joint stopping the wheel from rolling. Of the eight wheels on the two dollies, at least two on each would rub at one point or another when I pushed the trailer.

The hydraulic ones can be pumped by hand so you can slide under the trailer to lift the side of trailer at the wall, then be able to remove it for the rest of the winter.

Try this.... :)

Oh, that Pam!

Drool.gifCrazy.gifFingerwag.gif

While she may be good for ballast, I dont see how she will help move the boat....

Just make sure to use PAM or they end up sticking... :)

PAM who? Dontknow.gif

I tried the $20 dollies from HFT. The casters/dollies are made in China so the quality isn't the best. With the weight of my Sunsetter on it, when I tried turn the trailer in the garage, some of the caster wheels would rub on the caster swivel joint stopping the wheel from rolling. Of the eight wheels on the two dollies, at least two on each would rub at one point or another when I pushed the trailer.

The hydraulic ones can be pumped by hand so you can slide under the trailer to lift the side of trailer at the wall, then be able to remove it for the rest of the winter.

Try this.... :)

Oh, that Pam!

Drool.gifCrazy.gifFingerwag.gif

While she may be good for ballast, I dont see how she will help move the boat....

With her around, a crowd of guys will gather, then you just get them to lift and push the boat over! Don't know how you would get them to leave though.