Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heater core replacement

the only harm is a leaking heater core under the helm (ewww).

Plan b would be go redneck style for now and cut the hoses but instead of doing the hose menders, just fold them over on themselves and zip tie them. Bonus points for duct tape, but zip ties will be less messy when you get around to fixing it right. It would literally take no more than five minutes to do that as long as you've got a utility knife (or industrial shears) and zip ties on hand. That's what I'd do.... but I've got some pretty extensive redneck ancestry.

Wouldnt water be spraying all over? & cut them where? By the bilge? I think the leak dribbles onto the carpet at the helm. But I am getting water in my ski locker that sticks around, smells like gas / oil as well? I thought the heater was adding to the locker. Helms was minimal.

in the bilge, by the tranny/vdrive.

The engine water pump puts out minimal water pressure, so it shouldn't be hard at all to kink the hoses like you would a garden hose. Might you get a couple drips? Heck yeah.... this is a redneck solution after all. But the water will be dripping in the bilge where it belongs instead of on your carpet. and if you zip tie the kinked hose up tight, I'd bet a roll of duct tape and a tube of super glue that it doesn't really leak at all.