Welcome to TheMalibuCrew.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Ignition key installation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Anglemont

Anglemont
  • Ballast Buddy
  • 2 posts
  • Joined October 18, 2011
  • Boat: 2011 Malibu VLX

Hello, I have a 2011 VLX with the keyless ignition system and for reliability reasons I want to install an ignition key. The dealer has provided me with the Malibu ignition switch and wiring harness, but I would like some instructions and/or a wiring diagram to aid with the install. Looks like I will have to drill a hole somewhere for the switch to mount too! Any tips are appreciated. Thanks Mark

Fman

Fman
  • Spam Happy
  • 4,574 posts
  • Joined January 13, 2011
  • Boat: 22 VLX on deck
Boat House View Boat House
You will probably be the first to ever do this on a 2011. Peter at smoothwater sports sells a remote start that plugs into wiring harness incase your mtc fails. I ordered one from him, its a simple plug and play. Im surprised your dealer sold you a new ignition key, do they have a wiring schematic of how you tie into ignition system without interfering with mtc?

Anglemont

Anglemont
  • Ballast Buddy
  • 2 posts
  • Joined October 18, 2011
  • Boat: 2011 Malibu VLX

My dealer didn't provide anything except the ignition switch and wiring harness, no schematic or wiring chart. The plug and play key you mentioned sounds like the way to go! Have you tried it? Do you just unplug the mtc and plug the key system into the same harness? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users