Welcome to TheMalibuCrew.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Underwater Transom Lights // Heater Control //Shower Control

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

wakeparadise

wakeparadise
  • A Decent Third
  • 397 posts
  • Joined December 11, 2012
  • Boat: 2011 Malibu Wakesetter VLX
Boat House View Boat House

Hey Guys,

In the process of getting a 2011 VLX that doesn't have underwater transom lighting, heater, or shower.

Is there preexisting wiring for the transom lighting?  Can I add a "heater" button to the MTC? How is the shower operated? Is there a switch for the pump, or how is it turned on?

I just want the install on these to go seamlessly and not have any non OEM type switches etc showing as I think it detracts from the overall look.

Thanks!

Ryan

tvano

tvano
  • Seeking A Life
  • 2,466 posts
  • Joined April 11, 2005
  • Boat: '04 Response

can't help w transom lighting.

heater and shower are easy aftermarket installs.

both are powered at the operators option.  not sure if the 2011 vlx controls accessories via physical switches or through the heads up display.

if the boat uses old school dash switches then there are custom switch covers available with shower and heater icons on them.

once powered the shower does control water pressure with a pressure switch located on the pump.

Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton
  • Seeking A Life
  • 2,160 posts
  • Joined October 22, 2011
  • Boat: 2006 V Ride

Same as above many more places to bye all of it just wanted to show you one so you would know prices.  

Shower and heater.  Paul (Bakes) is a member and well respected. If you are a supporter you get a discount. Look under resource and then discounts.

http://www.bakesonli...?CategoryID=513

Switches

http://www.bakesonli...?CategoryID=638

The switch to cut on my shower is in my rear locker so I can cut it on use the shower and cut it off.

Congrats on the new boat that wake is a beast.  

• Wakesetter67 likes this

Wakesetter67

Wakesetter67
  • Crew Devotee
  • 1,414 posts
  • Joined September 15, 2009
  • Boat: 2015 22 VLX on the way!

I purchased my Shower kit from Bakes, It came with everything I needed and I installed the switch in the back locker so I could operate it from the swim deck, as well as the hot & cold control knobs, The Transom lights will integrate into your existing switches!! pic of the install, Very easy!! Shower5.jpg

wakeparadise

wakeparadise
  • A Decent Third
  • 397 posts

I purchased my Shower kit from Bakes, It came with everything I needed and I installed the switch in the back locker so I could operate it from the swim deck, as well as the hot & cold control knobs, The Transom lights will integrate into your existing switches!! pic of the install, Very easy!! Shower5.jpg

Awesome! As far as the lights go, do you have any recommendations for transom lighting?

skurfer

skurfer
  • Never Logs Off
  • 926 posts
  • Joined January 17, 2008
  • Boat: www.nwboatsports.com

http://www.bakesonli...il.aspx?ID=1301

skurfer

skurfer
  • Never Logs Off
  • 926 posts

I went with blue attwood, ones I posted above are white and what BU uses stock IIRC. Wiring is already there in 2011, just connect and turn on in MTC. Easy

wakeparadise

wakeparadise
  • A Decent Third
  • 397 posts

I went with blue attwood, ones I posted above are white and what BU uses stock IIRC. Wiring is already there in 2011, just connect and turn on in MTC. Easy

Is the wiring straight forward or do I need a special "plug" to plug into the OEM wiring? Will I have to drill into the transom to mount these? I'm nervous about that...

skurfer

skurfer
  • Never Logs Off
  • 926 posts

Is the wiring straight forward or do I need a special "plug" to plug into the OEM wiring? Will I have to drill into the transom to mount these? I'm nervous about that...

The wires are zip tied under the top deck very near the transom. Easy to find and check out what connector you need. You can always cut it off and use your own connectors. I would suggest waterproof connectors. Yes you have to drill. If you are uncomfortable, have a shop or a local dealer do the install. Most underwater lights come with installation instructions. Pretty easy. Just use silicone to prevent water intrusion....

• Wakesetter67 likes this

wakebrdr94

wakebrdr94
  • Spam Happy
  • 3,482 posts
  • Joined May 25, 2011
  • Boat: 2014 VLX
Checkout aqualeds.com for the under water transom lights. Cheaper and better than the oem in my opinion. There's a pic in my boat house pictures with them

wakeparadise

wakeparadise
  • A Decent Third
  • 397 posts

Checkout aqualeds.com for the under water transom lights. Cheaper and better than the oem in my opinion. There's a pic in my boat house pictures with them

What model did you go for? I'm super nervous about drilling into my transom but it is what it is. I'm on it. I want the biggest and baddest underwater lights without interfering with the water flow over the bottom of the boat...

Thanks!

Ryan

wakebrdr94

wakebrdr94
  • Spam Happy
  • 3,482 posts
  • Joined May 25, 2011
  • Boat: 2014 VLX
Here's the write up I did. I went with the blue $129 ones. If you want the brightest light, I'd go shadow casters, but they are pricey. I think the ones I got purchased were the best bang for the buck
http://www.themalibu...l/?fromsearch=1

Edited by wakebrdr94, February 18, 2013 - 11:36 AM.

wakesetter8796

wakesetter8796
  • Spam Happy
  • 4,518 posts
  • Joined September 22, 2011
  • Boat: 2008 Malibu vRide
Shadow caster sc10 lights are really good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users