Welcome to TheMalibuCrew.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today! For additional perks, please consider supporting this community. Click here for more information.
Photo

G3 Tower Combo Rack Spacing/Angle

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

sabre

sabre
  • Deck Hand
  • 224 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2007
  • Boat: Malibu Wakesetter LSV 2012
  • Boat House View Boat House
All,

We just took delivery of my 2012 LSV with 4 board racks, 2 on each side and was more than shocked that I still can't put 4 boards on a side!

The racks that arrived with the boat (factory) don't have the clearance between them for the bindings. I can't believe that I have this problem again (couldn't find the straight forks for the Illusion X). Did I get the wrong racks or is this how they were designed and I have to get aftermarket racks? I'll post photo's when I get back to the lake this weekend. We asked the dealership but they weren't sure, we have a big crew so there are a lot of boards and the dealership usually doesn't have to order as many racks.

Thanks

bcoppess23

bcoppess23
  • Deck Hand
  • 227 posts
  • Joined December 19, 2010
  • Boat: 2011 23 Wakesetter LSV - Sold
You are not alone.. That is how those babies come... I can get it to work only if i move the racks together..

Malibu must think we are excellent synchronizers of the board racks!!

Malibuzer

Malibuzer
  • Seeking A Life
  • 2,547 posts
  • Joined November 27, 2007
  • Boat: 2012 VTX
I am betting that they put all 4 racks as swivel? There is a different set of racks that are stationary and are angled up more. Someone has some pictures on here somewhere. I will look around and see if I can track them down.

Brett B

Brett B
  • Spotter Extraordinaire
  • 456 posts
  • Joined October 19, 2010
  • Boat: 2012 VLX
I have the swivel racks in the bottom location and the fixed racks in the top location. The fixed racks are angled up higher and will allow you to use all of the board slots without the bindings hitting each other. I also noticed on a friends boat that if you have the bimini deployed, you can't use all 4 spots with swivel racks in the top location (or you just can't swivel them all the way in) because the bindings of the top 2 boards will hit the bimini when you try to swivel them in.

Dexter

Dexter
  • Deck Hand
  • 272 posts
  • Joined September 08, 2009
  • Boat: 2010 VLX
Brett B is correct. I'd add that the forks of the stationary racks fit the base of the rotating ones. Here is an older thread on the subject:
http://www.themalibu...__fromsearch__1

Edited by Dexter, April 30, 2012 - 12:45 PM.

BSUBU_Kris

BSUBU_Kris
  • Spotter Extraordinaire
  • 489 posts
  • Joined April 06, 2010
  • Boat: Wakesetter LSV
I considered the fixed racks before modifying the swivel ones. If you have two surf boards you can put them on the top slots on the bottom racks then you can get three boards on that same side. The fixed racks were at a good angle to works with the boards below. The forks on the fixed racked looked like they would work on the swivel racks but the mounting holes were slightly different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users