Welcome to TheMalibuCrew.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today! For additional perks, please consider supporting this community. Click here for more information.
Photo

Response lxi throttle control

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Byrnsie

Byrnsie
  • Wrench Monkey
  • 33 posts
  • Joined September 11, 2011
  • Boat: 2008 Malibu Response LXI
I have just bought a 08 repsonse LXI and it has an interesting feature...it has perfect pass stargazer AND zero off. It was a demo boat so i assume this was to show potential buyers of newer models how zero off works. My question is this: i know that zero off took over from perfect pass because perfect pass didnt want to reconfigure their system for the new electronic throttle controls. So if this is an 08 does it have the cable throttle control? and if so will the zero off even work? i dont have the boat yet is why i am asking as i havent been able to test it out. or is it possible that they upgraded the throttle control?

thanks, Mike

SmoothWaterMan

SmoothWaterMan
  • Seeking A Life
  • 2,042 posts
  • Joined April 14, 2005
  • Boat: 18 years of Malibu's
Can't have both. You may have Malibu's Precision Pro and Zero Off, but not Perfect Pass and Zero Off.

Peter

Byrnsie

Byrnsie
  • Wrench Monkey
  • 33 posts
  • Joined September 11, 2011
  • Boat: 2008 Malibu Response LXI
it has both...i can show you the pictures. whether both are operational i dont know but i know the boat has two gps pucks on the bow and both systems in the dash. regardless of whether they work do you know any of the answers to the questions as to whether it has electric or cable throttle?

Mike

SmoothWaterMan

SmoothWaterMan
  • Seeking A Life
  • 2,042 posts
  • Joined April 14, 2005
  • Boat: 18 years of Malibu's
This I'd like to see. Please post or send photos. 08 RLXi is drive by wire.

Thanks,
Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users