Welcome to TheMalibuCrew.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1987 skier

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

mhoffman209

mhoffman209
  • Ballast Buddy
  • 4 posts
  • Joined June 05, 2009
  • Boat: 1987 skier
Today my wife and I bought our first Malibu and I couldn't be happier. It is a 1987 skeir. I have been using this forum to get as much info as I can and everyone here is so help full to one another, i hope i dont wear out my welcome with all the stupid questions I mite have. Thanks in advance. Oh yea very happy!! :-)
Not sure how to post pictures but as soon as I do I will.

jk13

jk13
  • Seeking A Life
  • 2,782 posts
  • Joined November 23, 2009
  • Boat: 1994 Echelon LX
Boat House View Boat House
Welcome and congrats on the boat!

No question is a stupid one. As long as you use search first. And Google. And the resources/diy. Then there shouldn't be any stupid questions. Maybe some stupid answers, but whatever it is should be able to be figured out. :crazy:

Just kidding, ask away!

p.s. pics are mandatory.

multiplemalibufamily

multiplemalibufamily
  • Boot Lube Applier
  • 83 posts
  • Joined March 22, 2007
  • Boat: Flightcraft , F-3 Euro, 06 LXI
I know your happiness! I absolutely loved my first Malibu Skier! At the time, it was an amazing deal for the boat of that type. Had so much fun that it led to the purchase of many Malibus beyond that one. Important thing is your boating and your happy! I am sure everyone here is very willingto help out where they can so for things can stay that way for you! Enjoy and Congratulations! Post some picutres from time to time if you can!

Skier007

Skier007
  • Crew Regular
  • 163 posts
  • Joined May 23, 2006
  • Boat: 1994 Malibu Echelon LX

Today my wife and I bought our first Malibu and I couldn't be happier. It is a 1987 skeir. I have been using this forum to get as much info as I can and everyone here is so help full to one another, i hope i dont wear out my welcome with all the stupid questions I mite have. Thanks in advance. Oh yea very happy!! :-)
Not sure how to post pictures but as soon as I do I will.

Congrats on the new for you Malibu! what part of Modesto are you in and where do you think you will be taking the boat out? just was up at Lake don Pedro this past Saturday, will have to try and hook up. Have fun and enjoy your 'new" boat!

mhoffman209

mhoffman209
  • Ballast Buddy
  • 4 posts
  • Joined June 05, 2009
Skier007
We live a couple of blocks behind best buy just north of the mall. We usually go to Pedro also but I will prob take her to Woodward one night this week to make sure nothing unexpected comes up half way across Pedro with the family. Soon we will b making frequent weekend trips to Pedro we will prob have to hook up and have a couple cold ones at the waterfalls :-)

martinarcher

martinarcher
  • 7,307 posts
  • Joined August 09, 2008
  • Boat: 87 Malibu Sunsetter
Congrats on your Skier. I remember when we brought our Skier home....I was so pumped! Posted Image

Enjoy your Bu - you'll love this site - it is the best resource for you and your new Bu!

87malibu

87malibu
  • Ballast Buddy
  • 18 posts
  • Joined June 27, 2010
  • Boat: 1987 Malibu Skier
Congrats on the new to you boat, we love our 87 skier. It gets looks and comments every time we take her out. Try photobucket.com to upload pics.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

mhoffman209

mhoffman209
  • Ballast Buddy
  • 4 posts
  • Joined June 05, 2009
Posted Imagehere is my new toy. going to work has been so hard this week i just want to on the water
Posted Image

martinarcher

martinarcher
  • 7,307 posts
  • Joined August 09, 2008
Those are both great looking Skiers! Posted Image

skier_88

skier_88
  • Spotter Extraordinaire
  • 449 posts
  • Joined May 31, 2010
Nice looking Skiers!!! I too always receive comments. Nice classic ski boats that still do the job!

Utilize this site as much as you can. There is more knowledge here than anywhere else! At least 1 person will always have experienced a similar problem!Posted Image

TheKiwi

TheKiwi
  • Beyond Help
  • 800 posts
  • Joined August 01, 2008
Congrats on the purchase!!

I just pulled into the dock an hour ago and saw this beautiful skier on the beach, exactly the boat I want to find and restore as a winter project one year.

Posted Image

mhoffman209

mhoffman209
  • Ballast Buddy
  • 4 posts
  • Joined June 05, 2009
It nice to see what potential my boat has by looking and other people's boats. I think I have been missing a lot of sleep looking online at all the skiers with towers to see what I would like my boat to look like. I think I even seen someone put a floating wedge on an 87. Endless possabilitys.

rrkyle

rrkyle
  • Wrench Monkey
  • 49 posts
  • Joined January 24, 2011
  • Boat: 1985 Malibu Skier

It nice to see what potential my boat has by looking and other people's boats. I think I have been missing a lot of sleep looking online at all the skiers with towers to see what I would like my boat to look like. I think I even seen someone put a floating wedge on an 87. Endless possabilitys.

I like the look of the old school samson towers on the skiers because of the straight lines. I've come very close to pulling the trigger on it but I just can't get myself to put a tower on. I love the lines of the old slalom boats, i always have and I just prefer the classic look. :no:

1985Skier

1985Skier
  • Boot Lube Applier
  • 63 posts
  • Joined September 09, 2011
  • Boat: 1985 Malibu Skier
My family owns a 1985 Skier. We have had a lot of work done to the engine and a few other random things it looks great but I would love to continue to keep working on it and updating it to make it as nice as possible! My family paid $6,500 for the Skier and it has been an amazing purchase. I will take pics of the boat exterior and interior soon to show you how it looks!

Baileyak228

Baileyak228
  • Boot Lube Applier
  • 69 posts
  • Joined September 13, 2011
  • Boat: 05 25 lsv wakesetter, 88 skier
Just got an old skier myself this past weekend, loving every minute of it. congrats on the new boat

martinarcher

martinarcher
  • 7,307 posts
  • Joined August 09, 2008

Congrats on the purchase!!

I just pulled into the dock an hour ago and saw this beautiful skier on the beach, exactly the boat I want to find and restore as a winter project one year.

Posted Image

Dang, if that had two stainless thru hulls I would swear it was 88's Skier! Get that thing off the beach and anchored properly in deeper water!

skier_88

skier_88
  • Spotter Extraordinaire
  • 449 posts
  • Joined May 31, 2010

Dang, if that had two stainless thru hulls I would swear it was 88's Skier! Get that thing off the beach and anchored properly in deeper water!

Wow beautiful!!! Looks very similar to mine! I still love the no tower look!! ClassicPosted Image

Levi900RR

Levi900RR
  • Spam Happy
  • 4,758 posts
  • Joined August 23, 2008
  • Boat: 2003 Sunscape 21 LSV

Wow beautiful!!! Looks very similar to mine! I still love the no tower look!! ClassicPosted Image

You need to have that no tower look :Tease3:

martinarcher

martinarcher
  • 7,307 posts
  • Joined August 09, 2008

You need to have that no tower look :Tease3:

Posted Image I think someone is after your tower 88!

skier_88

skier_88
  • Spotter Extraordinaire
  • 449 posts
  • Joined May 31, 2010
Haha...that tower was the only reason the boat sold!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users