Welcome to TheMalibuCrew.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today! For additional perks, please consider supporting this community. Click here for more information.
Photo

Fuel Gauge Doesn't Work-HELP!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Malibu Vail

Malibu Vail
  • Ballast Buddy
  • 2 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2011
  • Boat: 2000 wakesetter 23LSV
Well I bought my first malibu (actually my first boat); a 23' 2000 Waksetter V Drive. We took for a test drive with the dealer and he said the fuel was low so we couldn't be long. Then we took the boat to Lake Powell, UT to find out that the fuel gauge doesn't work. (mmm...wonder if he knew that?) We left the boat there in dry storage with a local mechanic since we plan to go down from Colorado every month. The mechanic called today and asked if I had the wiring diagram so he could determine which wires in the harness were for the fuel guage. So now what do I do? We really need this fixed and the boat is old so I can't find anything on line and my manual doesn't show anything about the wiring. Can anybody help??? PLEASE...

Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete
  • Waaaaay Too Many
  • 8,120 posts
  • Joined April 06, 2005
  • Boat: No need w/the friends I have.
Read this. Easy fix.

I can't seem to find that Teleflex sender right now.

Baddog

Baddog
  • Waaaaay Too Many
  • 6,035 posts
  • Joined April 18, 2005
  • Boat: 1998 Sunsetter LX

Well I bought my first malibu (actually my first boat); a 23' 2000 Waksetter V Drive. We took for a test drive with the dealer and he said the fuel was low so we couldn't be long. Then we took the boat to Lake Powell, UT to find out that the fuel gauge doesn't work. (mmm...wonder if he knew that?) We left the boat there in dry storage with a local mechanic since we plan to go down from Colorado every month. The mechanic called today and asked if I had the wiring diagram so he could determine which wires in the harness were for the fuel guage. So now what do I do? We really need this fixed and the boat is old so I can't find anything on line and my manual doesn't show anything about the wiring. Can anybody help??? PLEASE...

Wouldn't they be the wires actually connected to the fuel gauge??

wienrdog

wienrdog
  • Crew Devotee
  • 1,277 posts
  • Joined January 03, 2006
  • Boat: '01 SSLXi
Believe this may help: MDC Wiring Guide on Epic Marine

Wire should be pink all the way from tank to MDC.
Ground will go to common ground bus under the dash.

Malibu Vail

Malibu Vail
  • Ballast Buddy
  • 2 posts
  • Joined May 22, 2011
  • Boat: 2000 wakesetter 23LSV
THANK YOU Pistol Pete and Wienrdog!!!!
Seems pretty simple if you're a mechanic I think. I will foward to the mechanic in UT and keep you posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users