Welcome to TheMalibuCrew.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cover Support

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

SacRiverRat

SacRiverRat
  • Spam Happy
  • 3,583 posts
  • Joined April 10, 2005
  • Boat: 2002 Wakesetter LSV
Boat House View Boat House
In an effort to maintain some value-add in my posts, thought I'd document my simple PVC cover support solution

I've seen others do things like this, and wanted to show what I came up with (and applied to '02 WSLSV)

Here is the front - basically 1/2 pvc (not even glued) wedged into the hand rails, with 'T's on the ends, cut open to fit the rails. The center is held up with a leg, and another open T fitting - open so it doesn't slide on the carpet under the weight of the cover

Attached Files

SacRiverRat

SacRiverRat
  • Spam Happy
  • 3,583 posts
  • Joined April 10, 2005
Covered (no puddling)

Attached Files

SacRiverRat

SacRiverRat
  • Spam Happy
  • 3,583 posts
  • Joined April 10, 2005
For the back - even more simple! to vertical legs, with T's on the ends (for feet). I left those uncut incase they contacted the vinyl, but YRMV.. may want to cut if you have slippage issues. They just sit in the carpeted base for the side seats. 45deg near the top of the sides, and then a cross piece a bit wider than the boat (to form the arch)

Basically gently presses itself into the side cushions and friction holds it there - works great to keep water from puddling just in front of the sun pad area.

Attached Files

SacRiverRat

SacRiverRat
  • Spam Happy
  • 3,583 posts
  • Joined April 10, 2005
In the covered pic - the second bump is the ski pylon... causes some pooling issues if you don't lift the cover between the pylon and windshield

VinRLX

VinRLX
  • Spam Happy
  • 3,830 posts
  • Joined April 06, 2005
  • Boat: 2008 RLXi
Nice mod, Troy.

whiteVLX

whiteVLX
  • 'Bu Zealot
  • 546 posts
  • Joined April 09, 2005
  • Boat: 2001 Wakesetter VLX
Pretty cool and your not out a whole bunch of money.

FWIW I've never had a pooling issue in the front and my cover came with a pole to support the cover between the windshield and my rear mounted pylon.

Wkerat

Wkerat
  • A Decent Third
  • 372 posts
  • Joined April 11, 2005
  • Boat: 08 Wake vtx/05 response lxi
Very nice. I used to use a similar system on my old nautique. Since they had step down gunnels you made a T for each end out of carpeted 3x2 and it would stay in snug. worked well, but I never got around to engineering something for my bu.

SacRiverRat

SacRiverRat
  • Spam Happy
  • 3,583 posts
  • Joined April 10, 2005
My cover has a pole between the windshield and pylon, but 1) it is too short and 2) the distance to the sunpad, still allows water to pool. Maybe a LSV thing, but if it rains hard enough, once the water starts pooling, it is all down hill (bad pun) from there...

I don't use the supports during the non wet months

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users