Welcome to TheMalibuCrew.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today! For additional perks, please consider supporting this community. Click here for more information.
Photo

What do these numbers mean on prop?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

wildroot56

wildroot56
  • Ballast Buddy
  • 24 posts
  • Joined June 11, 2007
  • Boat: 2004 Wakesetter (mid-engine)
I destroyed my prop a month ago and need to find a replacement. I'm trying to understand what the numbers mean on the prop.
515 13x12 VL 1 1/8"

Prop comes off a 2004 wakesetter

Cervelo

Cervelo
  • Spam Happy
  • 3,132 posts
  • Joined April 17, 2005

I destroyed my prop a month ago and need to find a replacement. I'm trying to understand what the numbers mean on the prop.
515 13x12 VL 1 1/8"

That is an ACME 515 prop, it has a 13" diameter and 12 degree pitch, .080 cup and 1-1/8 bore. It is a left hand rotation 3 blade prop.
Depending on what you use your boat for, this may not be the best prop for your boat.

Edited by Cervelo, November 08, 2009 - 02:08 PM.

Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete
  • Waaaaay Too Many
  • 8,081 posts
  • Joined April 06, 2005
  • Boat: No need w/the friends I have.
You have a model 515 in the right hand column of this chart. Everything else is explained on that chart.
ACME prop chart

wildroot56

wildroot56
  • Ballast Buddy
  • 24 posts
  • Joined June 11, 2007
  • Boat: 2004 Wakesetter (mid-engine)

That is an ACME 515 prop, it has a 13" diameter and 12 degree pitch, .080 cup and 1-1/8 bore. It is a left hand rotation 3 blade prop.
Depending on what you use your boat for, this may not be the best prop for your boat.

We just use it for wakeboarding....it's the prop that came with the boat when i picked it up this spring. Do i have the correct prop?

Soon2BV

Soon2BV
  • Crew Devotee
  • 1,805 posts
  • Joined September 08, 2008
  • Boat: 2008 Tubescape 21 LSV
  • Boat House View Boat House

515 13x12 VL 1 1/8"

The 12 in the sizing is the prop pitch. This is a theoretical number that reresents how far the prop would travel in 1 revolution.
So a 13x12 prop would travel 12" forward in one revolution. A 13x13 would travel 13".

In general, a lower pitch prop will give you more pulling power (torque) but sacrifice top speed.
A higher pitch prop will give you more top speed but sacrifice low end pulling power.
With any prop, you want to stay within the recommend WOT (Wide Open Throttle) range for the best performance.

Cervelo

Cervelo
  • Spam Happy
  • 3,132 posts
  • Joined April 17, 2005

We just use it for wakeboarding....it's the prop that came with the boat when i picked it up this spring. Do i have the correct prop?

call them up and get a recommendation right from ACME. I did that before purchasing the ACME 1235 that i run. We weight the boat pretty heavy and mostly surf. Helpful people there.

1-888-661-ACME

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users