Welcome to TheMalibuCrew.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Oil Filter - cross reference of part numbers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

cd_slc

cd_slc
  • Ballast Buddy
  • 1 posts
  • Joined November 13, 2007
  • Boat: 2000 Malibu Sunsetter LXI
I always change the motor oil and oil filter on my Malibu Sunsetter LXI myself. It seems like every year that I go to buy the new oil filter, the brands have changed and I have to figure out which part number is correct for my engine. Does anyone know where there is a cross reference of oil filter part numbers across brands? The marine stores seem to carry Sierra, Aqua Power Quicksilver. They also carry short and long filters.

Also, is there any advantage to a "marine" oil filter versus a regular oil filter (Fram, K&N, Napa, etc.)?

Thanks for the help!

By the way... I have a Monsoon 350.

srab

srab
  • 'Bu Savant
  • 662 posts
  • Joined May 05, 2006
  • Boat: 2006 21LSV

I always change the motor oil and oil filter on my Malibu Sunsetter LXI myself. It seems like every year that I go to buy the new oil filter, the brands have changed and I have to figure out which part number is correct for my engine. Does anyone know where there is a cross reference of oil filter part numbers across brands? The marine stores seem to carry Sierra, Aqua Power Quicksilver. They also carry short and long filters.

Also, is there any advantage to a "marine" oil filter versus a regular oil filter (Fram, K&N, Napa, etc.)?

Thanks for the help!

By the way... I have a Monsoon 350.

I'm pretty sure that your best bet is an auto parts store. There is no advantage to a "marine" oil filter.
FWIW, my engine (2006 320 LCR) calls for a Pennzoil PZ3 oil filter. This cross-references to STP S8873
and to Mobil M1-111 oil filters. The Mobil is, I'm told, a better filter, although it does cost a few bucks
more.

jkendallmsce

jkendallmsce
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Banned
  • 1,111 posts
  • Joined June 08, 2009
Some months ago, I provided a link comparing several brands of oil filters. Pennzoil oil filters are made by Fram, and are one of the cheapest oil filters on the market for a reason. I am sure Malibu crew still has it if you do a search.

Napa/Wix makes quality filters, if you have a NAPA close by. The part # is 1069.

shade

shade
  • Deck Hand
  • 201 posts
  • Joined June 23, 2008
  • Boat: 2007 Malibu Wakesetter 23LSV
Pistol Pete had a list of oil filter part numbers on here a few months back. I would buy your filters from an auto parts store and don't get the cheapest. There is a big difference in quality from cheapest to mid price filters.

BTW, Purolator p/n is 20049 for their regular filter and PL20049 for the Pure One filter.

Soon2BV

Soon2BV
  • Crew Devotee
  • 1,847 posts
  • Joined September 08, 2008
  • Boat: 2008 Tubescape 21 LSV
Boat House View Boat House
Oil Filters

this link does some general comparisons and lists the manufacturers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users