Welcome to TheMalibuCrew.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today! For additional perks, please consider supporting this community. Click here for more information.
Photo

Extreme Trailer Oil Bath Bearing Hubs

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

RGHarrison

RGHarrison
  • Ballast Buddy
  • 1 posts
  • Joined October 22, 2007
  • Boat: 2006 23LSV
Does anyone know what type / weight etc. oil goes in the Extreme Trailer Oil Bath Bearing Hubs and how often they should be replaced?

Bobby Light

Bobby Light
  • Waaaaay Too Many
  • 5,939 posts
  • Joined November 09, 2006
  • Boat: 2009 23 LSV
  • Boat House View Boat House

Does anyone know what type / weight etc. oil goes in the Extreme Trailer Oil Bath Bearing Hubs and how often they should be replaced?

It's a hybrid blend oil they use. I'd call them up and have them send you some.

aaudii5150

aaudii5150
  • Crew Regular
  • 174 posts
  • Joined May 03, 2009
  • Boat: 2007 Wakesetter 23 LSV

Has anyone ever do this?

They told be to drive them until the break LOL....

calilsv

calilsv
  • Boot Lube Applier
  • 84 posts
  • Joined August 16, 2006
  • Boat: 07 LSV

It's not hybrid oil, LOL off the top of my head I belive it's straight 50wt oil. It says in the manual that should have came with the trailer. I can look at the manual when I get home.

99response

99response
  • Seeking A Life
  • 2,736 posts
  • Joined April 26, 2005
  • Boat: boatless!
Straight 50wt for the ones on my boatmate, I have an 05 trailer and am not rushing to change mine out.

-Chris

Hangar Pilot

Hangar Pilot
  • Ballast Buddy
  • 10 posts
  • Joined September 03, 2007
  • Boat: 2007 Centurion Typhoon
I called UFP a few years ago. At that time they recommend Royal Purple Synthetic oil 50 wt.

Here is there documentation: http://www.ufpnet.co...Maintenance.pdf

woody

woody
  • Crew Devotee
  • 1,130 posts
  • Joined May 01, 2005
  • Boat: 05 VLX
straight 50wt. You can get it at any auto parts store. I have an '05 trailer and changed the oil last year, only because two of the servicing port screws backed out and started leaking oil.

If you decide to change the oil I found the best thing to pour the oil into the bearing hub is a mustard squeeze bottle.

Oh, and don't forget to put some lock-tite on the servicing port screws so they don't back out.

Attached Files

Edited by woody, July 28, 2009 - 07:55 PM.

The Voodoo Cowboy

The Voodoo Cowboy
  • Boot Lube Applier
  • 92 posts
  • Joined December 02, 2008
  • Boat: vRide

Has anyone ever do this?

Posted Image I have an Extreme trailer and in fine print on the hubs it says "No Maintenance Required" I guess I'll drive it til it breaks.

Bobby Light

Bobby Light
  • Waaaaay Too Many
  • 5,939 posts

It's not hybrid oil, LOL off the top of my head I belive it's straight 50wt oil. It says in the manual that should have came with the trailer. I can look at the manual when I get home.

As much as you probably really think you know what you're talking about straight 50w is not what they put in them when they send them out from the factory. I just so happen to have a quart of this stuff in my garage they sent me when I replaced the bearing seals. It's not straight 50w oil and it's a bluish color. It says on the bottle it's a blend of several oils and has a water repelling addative. They called it a Hybrid 50w oil on the phone when they sent it to me. The straight 50w is a second alternative to their blend.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by 06vlx, July 28, 2009 - 08:23 PM.

Bobby Light

Bobby Light
  • Waaaaay Too Many
  • 5,939 posts

Has anyone ever do this?

Posted Image I have an Extreme trailer and in fine print on the hubs it says "No Maintenance Required" I guess I'll drive it til it breaks.

You have the new style Vault hubs they came up with. The hubs the OP has are different.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users