Welcome to TheMalibuCrew.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Transom Pads ?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

droptine

droptine
  • Wrench Monkey
  • 34 posts
  • Joined May 28, 2009
  • Boat: 2009 Malibu VLX
How many of you use Transom Pads on your Bu's.. ? I never used one on my 06 VLX and did have some nicks and scratches from the wakeboards and surfboards.. Seen this one and thought it might be a good purchase.. ?

http://www.bakesonli...il.aspx?ID=1055

I think I seen a pad once that goes around the edging of your swim platform too, to keep the nicks, scuffs and scratches off the edging of the swim platform. ? Anyone see these or am I dreaming. ? I couldn't find anything on them now. ?

cyoda44

cyoda44
  • Spotter Extraordinaire
  • 417 posts
  • Joined February 22, 2009
  • Boat: 2009 VTX Wake
I have been thinking of using one of these SeaDek transom protectors. What do you think?

Edited by cyoda44, June 09, 2009 - 01:41 PM.

liljohn

liljohn
  • Crew Devotee
  • 1,250 posts
  • Joined March 18, 2007
  • Boat: 07 VLX
Boat House View Boat House
I have the one from bakes and love it . I would definitely recommend it when you have the new surfers that wanna fling the board forward.. Posted Image

droptine

droptine
  • Wrench Monkey
  • 34 posts
  • Joined May 28, 2009
I like the ones from Bakes better, personally.. But wanted to see what others thought.. Anybody see these protectors that go on the swim platform ?

Malibudude

Malibudude
  • Administrator
  • 14,266 posts
  • Joined March 21, 2005
  • Boat: Silver Edition VLX
We've sold them a couple of times via the Crew. Here is the design of the last one we did.

martinarcher

martinarcher
  • 7,305 posts
  • Joined August 09, 2008
  • Boat: 87 Malibu Sunsetter

We've sold them a couple of times via the Crew. Here is the design of the last one we did.

I have one of the crew pads and love it! I think it looks cool and also has protected the transom when a newbie is struggling to get a board on or off on the teak deck. It is very well made and fits great!

apwrx

apwrx
  • Spotter Extraordinaire
  • 432 posts
  • Joined March 05, 2008
  • Boat: searching for the next one
I got one from bakes,it's great Posted Image

droptine

droptine
  • Wrench Monkey
  • 34 posts
  • Joined May 28, 2009
I see any of these would work perfect on the earlier VLX boats, but the changes to the 09 VLX with the cut-out seat at the back, puts the handle below, where it would be covered ? I don't think these would work as good on these 09's ? Thoughts ? Posted Image

obski

obski
  • Spam Happy
  • 4,001 posts
  • Joined April 11, 2005
  • Boat: 2011 Wakesetter VTX
I don't use mine all of the time, but do break it out when I am taking out a group of newbies. I don't have to worry about the transom with my regular crew.

jmadden

jmadden
  • Crew Regular
  • 195 posts
  • Joined April 12, 2005
  • Boat: ex VLX- in transition
I had the Bakes/Crew group buy style a few years back and loved it. Easy on and off and it slid down between the transom and swim platform so it didn't fly around. Great concept that worked perfectly.

D-GOOSE

D-GOOSE
  • Waaaaay Too Many
  • 5,269 posts
  • Joined April 19, 2005
  • Boat: 2003 wakesetter VLX
I have the crew pad and love it because when going down the road some one can see that I'm a member and one of you may just pull up on the side Posted Image

rustie

rustie
  • Crew Regular
  • 152 posts
  • Joined December 20, 2008
  • Boat: 2007 Malibu 247 LSV
Here's the ultimate Transom Pad:

http://www.themalibu.......18590&st=40

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users