Welcome to TheMalibuCrew.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

1994 Euro F3 201 Sunsetter Open Bow

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Air Force 1

Air Force 1
  • Deck Hand
  • 252 posts
  • Joined May 08, 2008
  • Boat: 1994 Malibu Euro F3
When I bought the boat the plate by the throttle that I think indicates max weight or people was rubbed off. Does anyone have this boat and know the limits? I am running 800lbs lead ballast.

Thanks
AF1
Posted Image

nanneyman

nanneyman
  • Ballast Buddy
  • 3 posts
  • Joined December 21, 2008
  • Boat: sunsetter euro f3

When I bought the boat the plate by the throttle that I think indicates max weight or people was rubbed off. Does anyone have this boat and know the limits? I am running 800lbs lead ballast.

Thanks
AF1
Posted Image

I just sold my 92 Euro. I don't remember the weight, but I think it was rated at 8 people.

wienrdog

wienrdog
  • Crew Devotee
  • 1,280 posts
  • Joined January 03, 2006
  • Boat: '01 SSLXi
You can check out the hull spec's available at the Resources/DIY link above... it is listed at 8 people.

Air Force 1

Air Force 1
  • Deck Hand
  • 252 posts
  • Joined May 08, 2008

You can check out the hull spec's available at the Resources/DIY link above... it is listed at 8 people.

Very helpful. Thanks. I am assuming the weight is the weight of the boat not max weight capacity? Just 8 people max?
AF1

bretski75

bretski75
  • Completely Addicted
  • 701 posts
  • Joined June 04, 2007
  • Boat: 97 Echelon
Boat House View Boat House
I think it was weight capacity. If you are running 800 lbs you may be pushing it with 4 - 6 people. Let me see what I can't find.

I found an article, in a 94 waterski magazine, yes I am at home and I do have them, about family inboards. And it states 8 people, but Malibu are the only boats without a weight limit stated. To compare to something similiar size and person capacity. They range from 1100 to 1300. But the article does state seat capacity, weight total weight limit.

Sorry I don't have anything more conclusive

Edited by bretski75, March 26, 2009 - 07:42 AM.

wienrdog

wienrdog
  • Crew Devotee
  • 1,280 posts
  • Joined January 03, 2006
  • Boat: '01 SSLXi
While not exact, the weight limit is typically the person capacity X 150. On my current boat it's right at 150. On my previous boat (Bryant I/O) with 8 person capacity limit, it was just under 140 per person (1105 lbs).

jcaksume

jcaksume
  • Crew Regular
  • 164 posts
  • Joined March 08, 2006
  • Boat: 1991 Malibu Euro F3 Skier
I've got a 1991 skier, and its rated at 6 people, and i can check the weight when i get home. About half of my sticker is worn off too.

Air Force 1

Air Force 1
  • Deck Hand
  • 252 posts
  • Joined May 08, 2008

I think it was weight capacity. If you are running 800 lbs you may be pushing it with 4 - 6 people. Let me see what I can't find.

I found an article, in a 94 waterski magazine, yes I am at home and I do have them, about family inboards. And it states 8 people, but Malibu are the only boats without a weight limit stated. To compare to something similiar size and person capacity. They range from 1100 to 1300. But the article does state seat capacity, weight total weight limit.

Sorry I don't have anything more conclusive

Thanks for the info, we usually have 2 adults, 1 - 15 year old, 2 - 11 year olds, 1 - 9 year old and 1 - 5 year old (7 Total). WOW, that's alot of kids! Anyhow, being that the majority of my passengers are far less than 150lbs I feel comfortable running the 800lbs ballast and still being legal. Just want to make sure the Texas Parks and Wildlife don't get me for over weight or too many people! $$$$$$

Thanks again,
AF1

Air Force 1

Air Force 1
  • Deck Hand
  • 252 posts
  • Joined May 08, 2008

I've got a 1991 skier, and its rated at 6 people, and i can check the weight when i get home. About half of my sticker is worn off too.

If you don't mind let me know what it says.
We need to make it a point to meet one weekend this year! We started our season last weekend. Water was a little cold, but with a shorty all the kids were in the water boarding.

AF1
John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users