Welcome to TheMalibuCrew.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rock protection for your boats

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

joshturbo

joshturbo
  • Wrench Monkey
  • 25 posts
  • Joined March 11, 2008
  • Boat: vtx
i am new to boating Posted Image and i need some advise on rock protection for my boat. i have seen rock screens/protection on trailers. Are those malibu accessories.
what are the options, i have searched the forum and havn't found anything. any websites that people know please post then.

Thanks
Josh

tuslake

tuslake
  • Trailer Polisher
  • 135 posts
  • Joined November 20, 2007
  • Boat: 08 RLXI

i am new to boating Posted Image and i need some advise on rock protection for my boat. i have seen rock screens/protection on trailers. Are those malibu accessories.
what are the options, i have searched the forum and havn't found anything. any websites that people know please post then.

Thanks
Josh

I'm hauling a new boat home about 650miles this week.and I'm useing heavy plastic extending my mud flapps on auto,using zip ties and org screws in flaps.You can also buy plastic wrap in roll at lowes,it like sticks to it self,so I'm going to wrap what I can and tape some. Good Luck
Greg

joshturbo

joshturbo
  • Wrench Monkey
  • 25 posts
  • Joined March 11, 2008
[/quote]
I'm hauling a new boat home about 650miles this week.and I'm useing heavy plastic extending my mud flapps on auto,using zip ties and org screws in flaps.You can also buy plastic wrap in roll at lowes,it like sticks to it self,so I'm going to wrap what I can and tape some. Good Luck
Greg
[/quote]

i was thinking of something like this http://www.cloudride...x/page/towflaps

but still looking , i would hate for a rock to come up and hit the boat

areamike

areamike
  • Seeking A Life
  • 2,304 posts
  • Joined March 16, 2006
Boat House View Boat House
I like skicrave's cover here:

Posted Image

Full info on his boat modifications.
CLICK HERE

Edited by areamike, March 15, 2008 - 08:46 AM.

vlxjeff

vlxjeff
  • Crew Devotee
  • 1,381 posts
  • Joined April 04, 2005
  • Boat: 1999 Sunsetter VLX
Boat House View Boat House
Here's a couple threads that have covered this in the past...

Thread #1

Thread #2

tuslake

tuslake
  • Trailer Polisher
  • 135 posts
  • Joined November 20, 2007
  • Boat: 08 RLXI

Here's a couple threads that have covered this in the past...

Thread #1

Thread #2

Josh, it will work depending on where your exhaust pipie is,my it won't work,Greg

Pat McCrotch

Pat McCrotch
  • Crew Regular
  • 174 posts
  • Joined January 09, 2006
  • Boat: 2005 Malibu Wakesetter VLX
Another option for later would be ventureshield. We install it on trailers and fronts of boats. you can learn more about the product on their website at www.ventureshield.com It has a 20 Lbs. puncture resistance and a lifetime warranty. Excellent if you have a new trailer you want to protect and the front of the boat from rocks as well. Mine holds up great on the water. No problems and it has been on for a year. A bit pricey but an excellent investment.

joshturbo

joshturbo
  • Wrench Monkey
  • 25 posts
  • Joined March 11, 2008

Another option for later would be ventureshield. We install it on trailers and fronts of boats. you can learn more about the product on their website at www.ventureshield.com It has a 20 Lbs. puncture resistance and a lifetime warranty. Excellent if you have a new trailer you want to protect and the front of the boat from rocks as well. Mine holds up great on the water. No problems and it has been on for a year. A bit pricey but an excellent investment.

interesting , question would that void malibu's warranty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users